Our sweet baby KC is gone - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Our sweet baby KC is gone

Today, we said good bye to our sweet baby KC. His degenerative disc disease was too much for him to battle anymore. The vet confirmed that he was still in alot of pain and his body was rejecting the medicines. We just couldn't let him be in pain anymore.

KC, you stole my heart the moment I saw you in that pet store. You were the one that climbed up my pant leg as a tiny kitten. I was looking for a friend for Patches and you chose me.

Daddy & I couldn't decide on a name for you so we named you KC which is short for kitty cat. You were such a cuddle bug and so sweet. We knew that you loved all of us and we loved you.

Dominic & you were buddies. He told me that it just won't be the same around here without his little buddy. He said that you knew when he wasn't feeling well and was always there to snuggle with him. He said that he will miss how you would stomp on his chest to wake him up.

You & Daddy had a special morning routine. You didn't sleep with us anymore but you would always jump in the bed when Daddy was getting ready for work & give him high fives with your paw.

You would always curl up on my lap when I was watching tv or reading a book. You were my little lap warmer.

We will miss your funny ways and you greeting us at the door when we would come home.

Thank you for trusting me today as I held you in my arms. You were truly a fighter and I am thankful that God gave you to us and that we had as long as we did with you even though it will never seem long enough.

We love you baby KC and will cherish all the memories that we had with you. You are now running free with your brother Patches where you won't have to hurt anymore.

RIP 4/9/99 to 3/13/13.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

R.I.P. Patches (1998 - 12/3/10) & KC (4/9/99 - 3/13/13)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Cat Addict

I'm very sorry for your loss. Like you said in your wonderful eulogy, he's not in pain anymore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Senior Cat

I'm so very sorry. He knew you loved him and that's what matters most. He's no longer in pain and is awaiting your arrival at the rainbow bridge. You did a very selfless act for him and put his needs before your own. You're a true kitty momma and may your heart heal with time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Senior Cat

I'm so sorry to hear about KC. I'm sure he knows how very much you love him.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Cat

Sorry to hear about KC. Your words were a wonderful tribute to him.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Thank you so much. My mom was there with me so that I wasn't alone. The vet assured me that I did the right thing. It was so hard as his eyes were still so bright and he was still eating and drinking. But his lower back was so hunched that I knew he was hurting bad. And when he screamed out in pain from the vet examining his back, I couldn't let him suffer any longer.

We have been through alot and did everything we knew to help him. As much as my heart is aching, I know deep down that my husband & I made the right choice. We will definitely see him later at the end of the rainbow.

We did get a keepsake of his paw prints imprinted. I wish I had one of Patches'. Family is Forever and we will never forget him.

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Senior Cat

You did exactly what he needed and he trusted you to make that decision for him. You're a very courageous and strong person for making that big of a decision. He loves you that much more for it. <3
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumof7kitties View Post
You did exactly what he needed and he trusted you to make that decision for him. You're a very courageous and strong person for making that big of a decision. He loves you that much more for it. <3
Thank you for your kind words.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Tom Cat

I'm so sorry for your loss. I was following you babies progress and was hoping for the best. I think you did "the best" for him. It's always heartbreaking to read these stories and always brinngs me back to my loss. I feel for you.............."hugs"
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyfurbabies View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. I was following you babies progress and was hoping for the best. I think you did "the best" for him. It's always heartbreaking to read these stories and always brinngs me back to my loss. I feel for you.............."hugs"
Thank you so much. I was hoping that he would have shown improvement from the meds but I think that he was in a later stage of his disc degeneration. When I look back on things, I think he started having problems at the end of last year. They were subtle changes. I am very intune with my pets. They are my babies.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page