Best cat I ever had.. died way too young - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Best cat I ever had.. died way too young

My boy Gandalf broke my heart on Sunday. This was an amazing cat. He wondered into our yard 8 months ago and he was an adolescent, totally feral, kitty. He would run at the sight or sound of humans. I always thought he would just be in our yard, I never thought he'd become part of my family.

Amazingly a few months ago he decided he liked humans. In fact, he LOVED humans. We became very close fast. I work at home all the time and he'd lay in my lap almost all day long. He loved attention and hated it when I had to leave him, for even just a few minutes.

Unfortunately the people I live with now are very allergic to cats; so he was confined to my office during the day and they forced me to kick him outside at night. I was planning on getting my own place in a month, where I'd be able to keep him inside all the time. But on Sunday he was hit by a car. This cat was more then my best friend (my only friend!) but he was like family to me. I am going to miss him forever.

He was so soft and sweet and affectionate. And the way he turned from feral to loving astounded me. RIP Gandalf, you will be missed more than you know. Why did he have to die so young?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Premier Cat

So sad. I know you must be aching. This is yet another good argument for indoor kitties - especially in an urban setting. Cars are just not match for animals. I hope you find an equally wonderful friend when you move.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:06 AM
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry to hear about Gandalf.

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:33 AM
Cat

I know exactly how you feel. The boy in my username pic passed in January. More then just a cat, he was like my kid. He was only 1.5 years old and picked him up at 10 weeks old. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I still miss him terribly. Take your time grieving, there's really nothing that helps except trying to keep your mind busy especially the first month
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Cool Cat

I'm so sorry for your loss
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Senior Cat

Oh, I just burst into tears reading this. My heart just hurts for you. I'm so sorry. He knew so much love, thanks to you.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Tom Cat

I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know why these things happen. I know how you feel as I just had to put my boy down 2 weeks ago. It does get easier as time goes on but the memories will last forever.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

R.I.P. Patches (1998 - 12/3/10) & KC (4/9/99 - 3/13/13)
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Tom Cat

I'm so sorry for your loss. When I was 18 my dog escaped from my parents' house and was hit by a car. I know how much it hurts to lose a beloved companion that way. *hugs*

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Senior Cat

I'm so sorry for your loss.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 02:21 AM
Cat

Gandalf looked like a really loving cat. Russian Blues have a special place in my heart, as they are always so sweet. I know it hurts because it shouldn't have happened, and he should have had many more years of love with you. There is nothing you could have done, and you gave him everything he could have dreamed of. He was probably the happiest he's ever been in his life, when it got cut short. Thank you for giving that feeling of joy to him.

I know it's hard right now; it will just take time to heal from this. If you have more photos and you think it would help you heal, please post them. He looked like a super cuddly cute cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page