Over come with grief today - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Over come with grief today

I had to put down two BELOVED cats last fall. 10 weeks apart.
My Beloved Blues first, then my sweetheart Rhythm 10 weeks later.

Just 2 weeks ago my Harmony had major surgery for stomatitis (full dental extraction)

And right now I just feel sad sad sad sad sad....

I miss my Blues. I miss my Rhythm (Tuxie)....soooo sooo very much

I know you all will understand...

I just miss every bit of them.

Thanks for listening...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Premier Cat

I'm sorry you lost two of your cats so close together. It is devastating I know. I do hope Harmony is making a good recovery. I truly believe that no love is ever lost, and that some day you will see them again. For their sake, try to be happy for Harmony who may be picking up on your sadness.

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 07:32 AM
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry you are SO sad! Sometimes the sadness and missing them just won't quit. I hope Harmony makes a full recovery and enjoys life to the fullest.

Last night I had two glasses of wine and that always makes me melancholy. I started talking about Sam, our beautiful silver Persian that we adopted at 12 years old. We had to let him go last January (2012) after only 4.5 years with him, and the tears just started flowing. Bittersweet. Better to have loved and lost, than never to have known them at all........

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Banned

I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy losing our beloved kitties, even when putting them down is the right decision. It sounds like you have some wonderful memories. I hope they remain strong and that the hurt subsides.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thanks to all of you. I knew you would understand.

Yes Marcia. I am so glad that we shared our lives together. I have no regrets for the love shared. The petpets and the scritches behind the ears!! Not a one.

I was just so unprepared to lose 2 in such a short time, and then a 3rd with a serious and painful dental disease
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Premier Cat

We have two that are very elderly at about 16+ or so (no one really knows). We know we will lose them fairly soon because we can see them slowing down and just plain aging but we also know they probably won't last long without each other. They are the only two that are fairly close. I fully expect to cry like a baby when they finally pass and my husband has scheduled a week of vacation.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
We have two that are very elderly at about 16+ or so (no one really knows). We know we will lose them fairly soon because we can see them slowing down and just plain aging but we also know they probably won't last long without each other. They are the only two that are fairly close. I fully expect to cry like a baby when they finally pass and my husband has scheduled a week of vacation.

Hold 'em close and petpets to them...

Hugs for you....
I get it. The gut wrenching hemmoraging of love we have for them when it's time for them to move on...
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Premier Cat

When I lost my first cat Rookie, I realized I knew what true heartbreak was. It's very, very painful, and it's only the passage of time that lets you get back to your 'old self.' I just told myself -- they happen to have a shorter lifespan than we do, so by adopting them we're signing up for taking the loss. We're taking one on the chin so they don't have to. I think it's a noble thing.

Holly and Murphy
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Jr. Cat

I get your pain. Your pain is mine My beautiful Jinx left me a week ago...We bought flowers for her burial place. The pain is there and will always be there. I don't know...I used to think "Wow, cats live 15+ years, I'm so fortunate!" and she died at 8 and 1/2, it was so unexpected...I guess god or whoever taught me a lesson: "Don't try to predict the future". Perhaps I'm going to be next in a few months, nobody knows...
All I know is that as long as I live, whether it's a few months or years, the pain of losing her will always be with me. I still hear her paws on the floor, but she's not there...
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Premier Cat

We are all here among friends. We all (most of us) have loved and lost. Some of us many times and it is never easy, but the wonderful part is we have saved a life and loved a furry friend unconditionally.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page