Felix - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Felix

Felix was hardly 2 weeks old when I'd found him.
I saw him and his tiny sister huddles together on top of a 4 foot stone wall while I was parking my bike outside college. They were still there when I came back 7 hours later. I waited there for almost an hour to see if their mother would show up, but she didn't. I'm also not quite sure how they ended up on a wall because they couldn't have climbed it and the mother wouldn't leave them on a wall.
They were alone, out in the open and weak, very weak. So I took off my scarf, wrapped them up in it and put them in the spare helmet.
I attached the helmet to the belt thingy of my jeans, held it between my legs and headed home. I also picked up a box of cat formula and a 12 pack ot syringes on my way home.
Felix was a beautiful little orange cats and had markings on his head that looked like a dragon's head. He had the prettiest green eyes (they weren't completely open when I'd found him). Jesse, his sister, was a solid black and had grey eyes, unfortunately, she didn't make it through the night.
My own kitten, Penelope, was about 4 months old at that time and she loved Felix. They'd play for hours on end (she took only 2 days to get used to him, only hissed once and never growled). She was also probably the one who missed him the most after we gave him away after 6 weeks of fostering him.

This morning I received a call that Felix had been in an accident. He was crushed by a car.

He was 6 months old.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130512_00214224.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	15162  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 12:14 AM
Jr. Cat

I'm so sorry.
That's such a terrible thing to happen, after you rescued him from the cold.
For what it's worth, it sounds like you made his short life a happy one.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 08:12 AM
Premier Cat

So sorry he didnt survive being indoor / outdoor kitten. You gave him love, fur family and a full tummy! You saved him from an awful death that day. Run free precious Felix. Sorry for your loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page