Prince - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Prince

Prince was much more than a cat for me, he was my only friend and family. I thought he had an upset stomach, he died of a tumor in his digestive system this dawn. I was always afraid that might happen, and what I'd do. It feels like the emptiness will never be filled again.

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Cat Addict

Oh, I am so sorry. It is so fresh and I am afraid you will feel like this for awhile but it will get better. I related to exactly what you said. My little dog was with me all the time for 16 years. As he got older I did worry how will I handle it when he passes. Life has a way of going along and two cats came into my life unplanned. I still get reminded of him and feel so sad but life does go on. I hope that something special comes into your life to help you deal with the pain. As much as you loved, Prince, I am sure he felt it and loved you. Now he is not in pain. I am so sorry.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Premier Cat

I'm so very sorry for your loss! You gave Prince a full and wonderful life and I'm sure he loved you every bit as much as you did him.

Run free over the bridge Prince and Mommy will will be there some day to give you more jowl rubs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Cat Addict

I'm so sorry for your loss of Prince. Just know that your baby is no longer suffering, and try to take solace in that. Right now, I know it feels like your heart is broken, but in time, it will heal and allow you to move on. (((Hugs)))
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

He got steroids as part of his dental treatment last week, it's likely the steroids caused the crisis, according to the vets. He might've lived longer, otherwise. It was all so fast.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Cat Addict

Please don't try to blame yourself or think you could have somehow known. We all have regrets with the way we've handled situations with our pets. Unfortunately, they can't tell us when something is wrong, so we have to rely on the experts to guide us, and even they make mistakes. There is no way you could have known he had a tumor. It might not feel like it now, but this could be a blessing for him, and might have saved him from months of pain and suffering down the road.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Senior Cat

I'm so sorry for the loss of Prince. I hope he is playing in the sunshine on the other side of the bridge. I hope your other cats give you extra snuggles today.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Yes, I feel guilty that I didn't have him checked before, or more. But his bloodwork results were perfect even a couple hours before passing. The vets aren't even sure what the thing was, because he died before being stabilized enough to undergo the operation, so they didn't get to see it except in X-rays and ultrasound.

I also feel guilty that I left him at the vet's overnight hospitalized and went home to sleep as told by the vets. He died alone. And it's very hard for me that I didn't get to say a final good-bye.

I also feel guilty that I gave up one of the kittens someone found, for adoption. Because I have a superstition that if you give up a cat because you have too many, then one of the resident cats dies. I told this to a friend last week, and said I was afraid something might happen to Prince.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Cat Addict

I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling, I'm just so sorry.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

housefrau, I never came to this forum, that's how afraid I was. I always said to everyone that "the day Prince goes, I go too". And I meant it. But now I have 3 house cats and 10 strays that depend on me for survival. So I can't escape. I have to be strong. And I don't feel like being strong. I don't want to get used to Prince not being there anymore.

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page