Je me souviens - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Je me souviens

This day (10 October) 2 years ago my first ever pet Mr Magoo aka Ken arrived home. He was about 4 years old and had be left in a box outside the shelter gate one night in July. He had the cutest lil pink nose. Thats him on my avatar. He was such a character. He was a grumpy old man. He would moan if you tipped off him and don't even think about picking him up but worst of all dont ignore him or you would get this lil tip on the arm. He would wake me in rhe morning with a pat on the face. Despite the grumpy exterior he really was a sweetie. In 5 days time (15 Oct) it will be his first anniversary. I had him for 1 year and 5 days. He was ill for about two weeks - off his food, vomiting and diahorea. Ultimately they found a very large rapidly growing tumour in his abdomen. In the end I decided to put him to sleep as tumour was so invasive. He was so miserable and in pain. I have no regrets other than our time was too short.

Today on this 2 anniversary of him coming into my life and as I approach the first anniversary of his death I want the world to know that 'I remember' 'Je me souviens'.

Sleep well lil man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Cool Cat

Thank you for sharing your story of you and Mr Magoo...
On Halloween this year will be the 1st anniversary that I said good-bye to my own tuxedo cat, Rhythm. 10 weeks eariler to the day, I had to say good-bye to her sister, Blues.

I understand the hole in your soul and heart....I have two.... :backpat:
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Cat Addict

I'm so sorry for the pain you must have from your little guy, it is so clear how much you loved him. No matter if we had them for a short time or for many years, they come into our lives and leave a permanent place there. I'm so glad you had him in your life, just sorry that you are hurting from missing him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Premier Cat

I am sorry about yor loss. I am sure he knew how much you loved him.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Marie, Hausfrau, Jetlaya Thank you for your kind words. Was feeling sad yesterday, even shed a few tears writing the post. Just remembering how excited I was about getting him. I have two beautiful lil ladies now but just felt I needed to mark the day and that he was not forgotten about. I know its crazy but I tell my lil kitties all about their 'big brother'. Thanks again for the kind words.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Cat Addict

What a bitter sweet memory. Ken was so lucky to have found you and had your love and a loving home. RIP Mr. Magoo/Ken.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Lil Man Sleep sweetly. Love you. I had the strangest experience today. I had actually forgot that today was Mr Magoo's gotcha anniversary. I was at the sink and suddenly felt the pressure of two paws on my leg. I looked down expecting one of my lil ladies but no one was there. I instantly knew it was my Mr Magoo saying hey and making sure I hadn't forgotten. I had forgotten the day it was but I never forget about him. He was my first cat, my first pet really and he by his cute, funny and beautiful ways has opened up a whole aspect to my life and a whole lot of kitty love. Mr Magoo another year on and again I say Je me souviens and thanks for the visit tonight.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Premier Cat

Oh annegirl, this post has me in tears. What an adorable, sweet face!

It's heartbreaking that you had only a short time with him, and that he was so young when he passed, but he clearly will always have a place in your heart and your home.

Lots of hugs to you.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Cat

I know the pain you are feeling, and it is so very real, and no you are not "crazy", I often told my Oliver that his "grammy" (my little siamese), woud be watching over him from above. They grab hold of your heart and never let it go!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Another year has gone

Magoo Its 4 years since your gottcha day and in 5 days time it will be your 3rd anniversary of crossing rainbow bridge. Again I choose to mark this day when you came into my life, and allowed me the privilege of sharing your world and gaining your trust. I remember. Love always lil man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page