Goodbye Moonshine - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Goodbye Moonshine

This is a tribute to my Moonshine, a feral cat it took me 2 years to tame. Strongest bond I think I ever had with an animal.

YouTube won't allow my song choice to upload with the video, but for full effect I play John Denver's Country Roads, starting at 0:23 seconds in.

YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Premier Cat

Darn, the video says private. I'm not savvy enough to see if there is a work around. As to the bonding with the feral, I agree! We adopted a poor little abandoned girl that had been dumped at 11 years old on the streets. She was shy and declawed Seal Point Himalayan and after 2 weeks of slowly starving, she was down to a little over a pound before she was rescued by a Good Samaritan that spent over $900 nursing her back to health. She bonded with him but he had terrible allergies to her and could not keep her. I adopted her but neither of us realized how deep her bond was or how traumatic the whole experience was for her. It took me a full year before I felt she had bonded with me but that bond - so hard fought and won, was the sweetest love I have ever felt from a cat. We only had her a couple years due to ongoing health issues but she was so sweet that last year of her life.

Attachment 36578

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"

Last edited by Marcia; 01-04-2014 at 08:21 AM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Cat Addict

Needed password? sorry for your loss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Premier Cat

ohh, I didn't consider that this was a tribute to his passing! I thought it was just a tribute to him in general. If it's his passing, I am so sorry for your loss!! I didn't want to go without saying.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Cat Addict

So sorry about your Moonshine. I have a feral that took me a long, long time to bond with, and I worry about her every day, and I have a bond with her like no other bond to my other cats, so I understand what you are saying about that bond. I'm so sorry for your loss. Hopefully you can fix the video to where we can see it, I would love to see it.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

DOOOH! I must have goofed it up when I uploaded it. Doesn't look like I can fix it from my phone (I'm away from my home computer). I'll fix it as soon as I get home.

I have to be getting old because I am getting worse with computers all the time
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Senior Cat

Looks like he had a big personality and a fun full life. Love the scene when he ran towards the camera really fast. So sorry for your loss.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kitties!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Premier Cat

What a handsome guy! Is that a tipped ear? You can tell he was full of personality plus! Sorry for your loss. He is happily waiting for you at the Rainbow bridge. Im sure he will run to you just like the opening shot! Run free sweet boy.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Cat Addict

I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. I love seeing him in a field of flowers. He seemed to love the life he had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page