Otzi the shoe store rescue - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Unhappy Otzi the shoe store rescue

Our dearest Otzi came to us on a cold rainy day. She was found on the side of the road by a friend of my coworker. She was so tiny, only a week or two old! She was still being bottle fed so my coworker asked if she could bring her in to work with her. She soon become loved by all of us at the shoe store. The customers loved her as well, they would come in as they walked by just to see her.

She lived with my coworker (as she was her kitty) and was so full of love and life. She loved her doggie playmate and they played and played and loved and bathed each other every day.

She was only ten weeks old when we lost her to an unfortunate accident. My coworker went to take a shower and came down stairs to see Otzi in a corner, covered in blood. They rushed her to the emergency vet only to find it was too late. My coworker's girlfriend said that she knew the exact moment it happened. It was in the car on the way to the vet, she said she felt her take her last breath and just knew.
The vet said it looking like the dog was a little rough with her. She said it looked like he snapped at her just right.
It's really sad because we know he didn't mean to do it. He loved her. He sits next to her cat tree all day and when my coworker comes home from work he runs around her looking in her arms trying to find Otzi. He runs around sniffing under the couch and when he can't find her he looks sad and lays down in front of her cat tree. He doesn't understand what happened and why his friend is gone.
Needless to say it's been a hard couple of weeks at work. Customers coming in and asking where she is... just being there is hard having had her running around and chasing our feet as we worked for the past couple of months... She lived a short life, but I don't think there was a happier or more loved kitten in the entire world! She will be missed greatly!!

Thanks,
JK and Little Foot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jkendall; 12-30-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Cool Cat

Oh, I am so sorry, it is so painful to lose a kitty so young. Rip sweet Otzi
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 10:59 PM
Premier Cat

Sigh...so sorry to hear this...
Little Otzi, playing at the Bridge now
Rest in Peace little one.
Hugs

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 09:01 AM
Jr. Cat

Have fun at the bridge little Otzi

She was so very loved for her short time here and was such a beautiful kitten.

Moggy: 5 +/- year old DSH, neutered male.
Former stray who found us on Nov 09, 2013.

~ Lorna.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page