In Memory of Misty - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

In Memory of Misty

We lost our sweet girl Misty on October 18, 2013. She had been so healthy and strong, we had no idea anything was wrong with her. Tiger was also very sick at the time and we never expected to lose Misty first. I found her under the bed, in distress. She was gasping for air and crying out. I rushed her to the vet's office. They put her on Oxygen and tried to stabilized her. An Xray revealed a large tumor on one of her kidneys. There was nothing they could do. My husband came from work and we were able to say good bye and be with her as she crossed the bridge. Misty was my husband's cat first, he adopted her in 2000 well before we had met. We were both devastated by her loss, and I still feel guilty for not knowing she was sick and not helping her more. Rest in Peace sweet girl, Mommy misses you so much
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rainbow Misty.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	48722  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 08:55 AM
Premier Cat

I am so sorry for your loss not long ago! I know this must hurt to relive the day you lost her. There is nothing I can say to relieve your guilt, but you just did not know, nor did you have any inkling that her time was near. Sometimes these things happen. I hope you can take comfort in the fact that you loved each other very, very much and she was blessed to have had such a caring, compassionate mommy.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Premier Cat

I am so sorry for your loss; I know just how heart-rending it is to lose a beloved baby you have had many years with and never expected to be sick. I have struggled with losing my Mocha in December and still feel guilty about decisions I made and, with hindsight, I see all the clues that she was sick now.

The pain gradually lessens, the ache of missing her gradually numbs, but her memory will never leave you... I still sense Mocha around when I really need her....

I hope Misty and Tiger have both sent you a beautiful rainbow from Heaven....

...Always in my heart... Mocha....Nov. 13, 2002 - Dec. 6, 2013
.... Slave to Bengal Cats....Luna, Mystik, Simba, Komet, Meli,
Spark
, and Star
.....and a collection of kittens at various times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 11:38 AM
Cat Addict

I see you did lose your two so close together. I know this is difficult. I seem to lose people and pets very close together. I also had a dog that in hindsight could put together behaviors that fit with cancer but you know it was not really evident when it was happening. Hindsight is 20/20. It is so good you both got to say goodbye and reassure her of your love. RIP Misty and Tiger.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 04:32 PM
Cool Cat

RIP to both Misty and Tiger.
Gentle hugs to you, too.

I lost my Blues in Aug of 2012, then 10mweeks later, Rhythm. When they go so close, it adds to the deep hurt and trauma.

Paw prayers for all of you.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thank you all for your very kind thoughts and comments.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochas Mommy View Post
I am so sorry for your loss; I know just how heart-rending it is to lose a beloved baby you have had many years with and never expected to be sick. I have struggled with losing my Mocha in December and still feel guilty about decisions I made and, with hindsight, I see all the clues that she was sick now.

The pain gradually lessens, the ache of missing her gradually numbs, but her memory will never leave you... I still sense Mocha around when I really need her....

I hope Misty and Tiger have both sent you a beautiful rainbow from Heaven....
I am so sorry for your loss too. My husband and I both feel Misty and Tiger's presence here with us. I also sense them around when I need them.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie5890 View Post
RIP to both Misty and Tiger.
Gentle hugs to you, too.

I lost my Blues in Aug of 2012, then 10mweeks later, Rhythm. When they go so close, it adds to the deep hurt and trauma.

Paw prayers for all of you.
Thank you. I am so sorry about Blues and Rhythm. It is extremely hard to lose them so close together.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 05:39 PM
Cat Addict

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost one of my boys Jem on October 28, 2013 after he was diagnosed with cancer 6 weeks earlier. After he was diagnosed, I really beat myself up for not noticing something was wrong sooner. Even if I had, I know there's nothing I could have done to prevent it. It's normal for us to blame ourselves and wonder what the outcome might have been if we'd done something differently. I honestly don't know if we ever fully overcome that sense of guilt that we place on ourselves. I know it's easier said that done, but try to focus on the good times you had with Misty and the joy she brought to your life instead of the sadness from losing her. (((Hugs)))
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyatl View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost one of my boys Jem on October 28, 2013 after he was diagnosed with cancer 6 weeks earlier. After he was diagnosed, I really beat myself up for not noticing something was wrong sooner. Even if I had, I know there's nothing I could have done to prevent it. It's normal for us to blame ourselves and wonder what the outcome might have been if we'd done something differently. I honestly don't know if we ever fully overcome that sense of guilt that we place on ourselves. I know it's easier said that done, but try to focus on the good times you had with Misty and the joy she brought to your life instead of the sadness from losing her. (((Hugs)))
Thank you, I'm so sorry for your loss too. I think you are right, and I know that I will always feel guilty about Misty but I will try to focus on the good times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page