Lost another cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Lost another cat

We had gotten a two tone tuxedo cat as a kitten rescue last year. She was named Bella after Bella Swan. I didn't pick it out. If I had named after a Twilight character, it would have been Alice.

So, at first Bella was just like any other Kitten when we got her. With the exception that had a cold. Which we doctored on with vet prescribed meds. Eventually when she reach adulthood, we slowly began introducing her to the outdoors. Occasionally letting her sleep inside at night. As an adult, Bella became a somewhat of a skidish cat. Making the task of bringing her in of a night somewhat of a challenge for me. As she would not respond to any method of calling her to come. I suspect that a contributing factor was the fact that being held was at times a rather uncomfortable experience for her. Just picking her up any way would get modest meow, as if she was trying say no. When she was inside, her skidisness would go away and she would become a very humble cat. Which I found to be very odd. It was as if she had two personas. A indoor persona: loving and kind, and an outdoor persona: wild and timid.

A couple of months ago we moved to another house. Some time after, a change came over Bella's outdoor persona. She wasn't as quick to run from me as she had been at the other house. At nights, laying at my feet under my desk became her favorite napping spot, unless I tried to pet her. Then she would briefly move to another spot.

Earlier today, Bella died from unknown causes. The day before, bell had started vomiting. To prevent a mess I took her outside. On the way out exiting my bedroom, she began to panic. Something she had never done before. I sat her outside and watched her off. I noticed that her walking was staggered while leaving. I figured that it was a simple illness and that she could handle. So I went to take nap. I was awoken with the news that Bella was laying at the front steps with erratic breathing and that a few minutes later, she went under the porch swing to lay. Afterwords, she was gone.

Bella was a unique cat and was too young to die. I do wish I knew what was the cause of her death for closure, but maybe I'll never know. I will miss having her around.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 10:49 PM
Premier Cat

Sounds like she ate/drank something poisonous.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 10:56 PM
Cat Addict

I am sorry for your loss. She was a pretty cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Cool Cat

I am so sorry for you loss. She was beautiful....
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 12:06 AM
Cat

Very pretty girl. Sorry for your loss.

I was thinking the same thing MowMow was; ingested something toxic/poisonous
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 12:35 AM
Banned

How old was she? She was a beautiful girl and I am deeply sorry for the loss.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 01:12 AM
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry for the loss of Bella. It's always so hard to lose a kitty, but it seems somehow particularly unfair when they're so young.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 05:44 AM
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry. It sounds like it may have been going on for awhile.
You say you lost "another" cat. Is this a pattern you can discern or do you think it is just a terrible coincidence you have lost more then one young cat? (I'm not judging, but wondering if there are mean neighbors outside?)

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 02:30 PM
Cat Addict

My first thought was poison but re-reading what you posted, I wonder about some degenerative disease.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Tom Cat

I don't think a degenerative disease would progress so fast.
Why do you think the cats need to be outside? The number of dangers outside are far too many to be worth it. Sounds to me like she wanted to live inside, why not let her? You did have have her spayed? Just that you never mentioned it.
Why on earth did you not take her to a vet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page