my beautiful Margaux - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

my beautiful Margaux

I'm so sorry my little Margaux baby. I don't know what happened last night. I knew you hadn't been feeling well for a while, but I thought we'd have another year together. You were in your bed sleeping when I left for dinner. I know you were still with me then, but when I came back 3 hours later, although you were still in your little bed, you were asleep forever.

Will you forgive me for not being here? Will you forgive me for not knowing that you were so close to leaving? If I had had any idea, I would never have left you alone. You know that, right? Were you trying to tell me that it was time, or that you were feeling miserable and that I should have rushed you to the vet right then? Did I miss your hints over the past week because I too busy? Was it out of sheer sadness that you died, because before we left for dinner, mommy and her friend were paying attention to Celia and not you? We thought you were sleeping, but maybe you just had your eyes closed but were listening to us with a broken heart.

More than anything in the world, I hope your last thought wasn't that I love Celia any more than I love you. That would just kill me Margaux. Mommy loved you so much, and she will always love you. I think you know that, but maybe you wanted so much for me to give you one last little kiss, the way mommy often did before she had to go out.

It took me a few minutes to go see you. You didn't wake up to come greet me. No matter how sleepy you were, you always woke up when mommy came home. You didn't come silently padding into the kitchen to stand right beside me, so I went to see what you were doing. You were in your bed, but your head was tilted over the side in such a funny way. I scooped you up and I knew, but you still felt warm, and I thought just maybe, something could be done to bring you back to me.

I hope you felt me stroking you, kissing your soft little head. It can't make up for what mommy didn't do for you. I can't ever make up for the times I got mad at you, for the times I was too busy to give you those chin scratches and those ear rubs that you loved so much. I couldn't bring back your sight after you went blind. I didn't realize then either, until it was too late, that something was wrong. You were so brave to adjust to a world that was entirely dark to you. I can't imagine what it was like for you to slowly not be able to see anymore, and to not know what was going on.

You were so brave, and you were so patient with mommy Margaux, even when mommy wasn't always patient with you.

Mommy is sending you chin scratches, cheek scratches, and ear rubs. I will send them to you every day, but I wish so, so much that you were here with me to enjoy them.

Goodbye my beautiful little Margaux bunny. I love you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Premier Cat

OMG Patty...:'(
I'm balling my eyes out reading this...
I'm heartbroken for you...
But please, please don't blame yourself...
Margaux KNEW she was loved by you...
She choose her time, and it sounds like it was a peaceful one...

Hind sight, is always 20/20...and I think there are many of us that can, and do relate to that...I know I sure can...
I just don't know what else to say at the moment...
HUGE (((HUGS))) for you across the miles...
Sharon
Click image for larger version

Name:	1417899200843.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	77210Click image for larger version

Name:	1417899243246.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	77218

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 10cats2dogs; 12-06-2014 at 03:57 PM.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Cool Cat

Patty, I am so very sorry. I know how much it hurts and I am crying with you.

Please don't blame yourself. You are a wonderful cat mom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Banned

Ohhhhh--
I feel so sad reading this--tears in my eyes,,,
I do not know what to say..

(((hugs)))))

so sad...
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Premier Cat

I am crying along with you on this Day of Tears. I am so sorry that Margaux has crossed to the Bridge. I know how torn your heart is right now....how much guilt you are feeling...and how lonely your home feels. I also know it will take time for your heart to begin to heal...for you to remember all the good times with your beloved Margaux...but they will come...trust me. Margaux knew she was so fortunate to have you in her life and she gave you all her love all these years. She loved you and she will always be in your heart. Watch for her first rainbow from the Bridge. I've been talking to my Mocha all day today...and I shall ask her to look for your Margaux and help her transition to life at the Bridge. I am so sorry Patty....so very sorry....

...Always in my heart... Mocha....Nov. 13, 2002 - Dec. 6, 2013
.... Slave to Bengal Cats....Luna, Mystik, Simba, Komet, Meli,
Spark
, and Star
.....and a collection of kittens at various times.
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Cat Addict

In tears reading this. I am so sorry. I have no doubt that Margaux knew that you loved her and that you didn't love Celia more than her. She knew you loved her. I am so sorry for your loss.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Senior Cat

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm crying right along with you. She knew you loved her, rest in peace sweet girl.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Cool Cat

Honey, I am so very sorry for your loss,...I too am sitting and weeping for you.
Dear friend, don't blame yourself...from my work I see that some people wait until their loved ones leave their side - and once they are alone, they finally let go and die. Others hold on until that one child is by their side.
Your beloved kitty may have chosen to have a private death. Open your heart to that possibility and trust that your sweet kitty knew how very loved she was! You are an amazing cat mama.
Gentle hugs and love to you. Holding your hand from afar
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Cool Cat

Thinking of you

You gave Margaux a wonderful home, and so much love. She knew how much she was loved and she will always be with you. Sending you thoughts and prayers.

Judy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Card.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	77226  

post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Cat Addict

Oh I am so sorry. It must have been such a shock. I did rush one of my cats to the vets and she died there in the middle of the night. Margaux died peacefully in her bed. And kindness and love is shown all during life, she knew you loved her and took care of her. Margaux RIP sweet girl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page