in mourning, needing community - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

in mourning, needing community

greetings. i am a staunch lover of cats, and have had feline companions for every one of my 43 years. i can't imagine life without them.

last night, our cat spider-man died of some type of poisoning. she was five years old, and our other three cats are her mother, sister and brother. it was all so sudden, it still hasn't really sunk in yet. we have had cats who suffered from poisoning and kidney failure before, and have been able to nurse them thru, thanks to subcutaneous fluids, probiotics, etc, but poor spider-man went so fast, it was staggering.

so, i am feeling an ever growing tide of grief and i felt, as an active internet forumer (mostly horror movie forums) that i needed to seek out a feline community, for support, for knowledge, for understanding. i'm sure most of us here have lost our furry friends, or come close, and understand how precious their lives are, and how meaningful a part of our families they are. i guess i felt like i needed to connect with other folks of like mind and experience, both as a means of processing my grief, but also as a way of honoring spider-man. she was a good kitty, sweet, playful, and ever hungry. we will miss her.

thanks for reading. i look forward to acclimating to this community, learning more about cats, sharing what i have to offer, and remembering my dear, sweet friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 04:47 AM
Cat Addict

Welcome and so sorry about your loss... I lost my Prince suddenly last year, he was my all in life, I know how much it hurts...

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 12:29 PM
Cat

I am so sorry for your loss.. I lost my boy Feadan suddenly without warning in Sept.. It does indeed hurt.. Still miss him..
So feel free to talk about him here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 02:14 PM
Cat Addict

Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. I have one at the vet right now who is not doing so good, and may not make it much longer. It is so hard when our little best friends leave us, probably one of the worst things we ever go through. I hope your heart is able to heel soon. If you have other cats, they seem to help you with that, you sort of grieve together.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Cool Cat

I'm so sorry for your loss! I can't even think about losing my kitties beyond the fact that it will, of course, happen someday without experiencing a heavy feeling in my chest.

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 03:18 PM
Cat Addict

Sorry for your loss. I recently lost 3 of my own cats within a month or so of each other. People here are very helpful in the grieving process.

I hope when you are ready that you feel you can post about her and tell us what she was like.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 03:35 PM
Cat Addict

So sorry for you - several weeks ago I lost one suddenly - my oldest, who had a benign tumour but no other health problems, died and we were bereft - as were her "babies" - she was the universal mother. It is a horrible shock. I wish I could offer even more sympathy. Bless you and your baby!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 03:41 PM
Cool Cat

I am so sorry for you loss. Yes, a part of our soul goes with them when they depart this earthly life. So many of us here know what kind of pain you are in.
Please feel free to share stories and pictures. This is a warm and welcoming community of compassionate people who deeply care.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 07:58 PM
Premier Cat

I am so sorry about Spider-man. Too many of us have experienced your grief, and some of us very recently. I lost one of my kitties last month, also very suddenly and unexpectedly. The shock outweighs the grief at first, and then the grief takes over. It might be comforting to share your memories and pictures of her if and when you feel up to it. And I hope that you'll also find the support you will have here tremendously comforting. I know I have.

Sending hugs to you and to your other kitties.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry...:'(
They leave an empty spot in our hearts when they go...
(((HUGS))) and Prayers...
Sharon
Click image for larger version

Name:	1421283734984.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	79346

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page