I Love You Smokey - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I Love You Smokey

This is for Smokey my almost 16 year old boy, he had many names throughout the years. Smokey...TigerKitty...Prince Of Persia....and Bozo..Smokey Bokey... I had him from kitten at the young age of 22, he was my lifeline, the key to my anxiety relief, my love. I had a cat in my high school days but this was a different ballgame, a whole new meaning.

I carried him on my shoulder a lot, every evening in his elder years I would plop him on my shoulder and take him around the yard, visit the greenhouse, smell some plants and enjoy the night. If I bounced him gently up and down on my shoulder like a baby he would love it and start to purr. I constantly hugged him and worried for him

My life revolved around him, I plummeted him with kisses everyday, shared my dinner with him. If anyone came to the house it was a habit to make sure he was not under the car when they left. I would bite his ears with my lips and pull them, kiss the bridge of his nose, I was in love with him..
If he went down the driveway to go across the road I would stop him. He came to realize this because if he was by the road and he saw me he knew I would come running to come get him...Sometimes he would get angry I would do this.. After I moved him up the driveway and I went into the house, he would go back but stop and look back to see if I would stop him. He wouldnt do it again

A very personal memorable memory is me sitting on my kitchen floor, equal distance from the kitchen door and the parlor door. He went to the kitchen door, then i could hear him walking towards me, you could hear his paws when he walked.. He went to the parlor door but as he walked pass me I would grab his back in a playful way and he would have his back twitch and meow. He went back and forth from parlor to kitchen door 15 times with each pass I would hear him coming bunk bunk bunk bunk I touch his back meow, sometimes not.

I bought him anything I could think of that would make him happy, sometimes he liked it sometimes he didnt

9 reviews down is my boy, from 808state, he went into it the first day and never went back into it again
http://www.amazon.com/Petstages-Snuggle-Scratch-and-Rest/product-reviews/B004QTOASE/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_next_6?ie=UTF8&pageNumber=6&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
Ive never been cut this deep before, it hurts, he passed feb 1 2015 superbowl sunday at 4:50 am. I was with him off and on all night, I feel so alone like a hollow shell, all my responsibilities are now gone.

When the rain pours and the wind howls it does not bother me anymore because my boy is no longer out there. When a car speeds down the road it no longer has meaning to me because my boy is no longer here..

My head hurts from crying, I put him to rest close to his favorite outdoor hangout spot, I put my aloha shirt on top of him, in fact hes right below where that table used to be, he was around 6 years of age in that pic...

I can almost smell him, hear him, I miss you Smokey, I miss you so much

[/COLOR]

Last edited by burt; 02-03-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Cat Addict

I am so sorry. I can tell how much you loved him because your words have me in tears. And he was one of the most beautiful cats I've ever seen, truly gorgeous. Those eyes, wow, just so beautiful. I can't even imagine how you must feel, because I have not had to go through the loss of one of my cats yet, and I don't even know how I will handle it.

Smokey was loved, there was no doubt about it from the looks of him, and how he was with you. He knew he was loved, and how special he was to you. Please know that as hard and awful as this has to be, you will get through this. You have to. You have all of those wonderful memories of Smokey that are yours and no one can take away from you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please feel free to share some stories and memories about Smokey, I would love to hear them. He was a beautiful boy.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 06:42 PM
Senior Cat

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your post has me in tears too. I'm not very often in this section of the cat forum. Smokey was a beautiful cat and this is a beautiful tribute. I'm very sorry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 07:13 PM
Premier Cat

Burt, I am so sorry :'(
It does feel like a part of us has been ripped away, when we lose one of our beloved cats...
He is now at the Bridge, where he will never have anything to fear...
Smokey will have his own Special Sunbeam, to call his own...
And he will meet a lot of new furry friends there...
Smokey will wait patiently, till you are reunited one day...
He will be watching over you...
(((HUGS))) across the miles, for you.
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Premier Cat

Smokey knew how much you loved him...
Click image for larger version

Name:	1423008957147.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	80826

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Jr. Cat

beautifully written. i am so sorry for your loss.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 10:10 PM
Cool Cat

Burt, I am so sorry for your loss. Smokey was a wonderful, beautiful boy and you gave him a wonderful life. He will always be with you.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 11:27 PM
Cat

Aweh, so very sorry for your loss. It's truly heart-wrenching. Try not to hurt too much, he was loved, and I'm sure he lived a wonderful life with you.(:

P.S. He was incredibly gorgeous!
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Cool Cat

Oh Burt, I am so so very sorry. What a beautiful boy he is.
It's always so hard when our soul hemmorages like it will never recover, even when our heads know that 1)they had a blessed life and 2) they arent suffering.

I pray that as time goes forward, that thru the tears that stream down your face, the smile of warm memories may find their way to your lips.

It's absolutely fine to cry, and smile, and whatever.
What a blessing that the two of you were to each other. In time, you will sense when Smokey is near, even if your eyes cant detect him.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 08:15 PM
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry burt. What a beautiful kitty he was, with those stunning green eyes. We know how much it hurts, and we know that they're not "just a cat." They're our little furry children, and when we lose them, we feel empty, and the house feels so empty too. I lost my Margaux in December, after 13 years together. I can't tell you that you'll ache any less any time soon. You will never stop missing him, but over time, the sharpest pain will soften, and you'll be able to smile when you remember him rather than cry. Sending hugs to you, and wishing you strength.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page