In memory of Fok - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

In memory of Fok

It took me some days before I can post my feeling here about the death of my precious lovely Fok, who passed away in a tragic accident on 18 Feb 2015 noon.

This happened when i was out for work. the matter happened in my apartment, when Fok kind of meowing under the compartment (there was some free space under the sofa, the sofa is like a metal stand covered with leather, sorry for my poor english and description) under my sofa. My husband said he tried to see what happened and see if Fok was trapped by those metal underneath ...and he is a strong man of 230lbs....he lifted up the sofa but accidentally slipped off......and ...the sofa was over Fok, and he is badly injured, and blood everywhere.

I left office immediately after the news and got on a cab...crying crazily....when i reached the clinic Fok was already gone....I saw Fok face is ...in such a pain. He must be painful at that time...I kissed his face and neck I can still feel the warmth. I felt so sad ...I cry everyday....

My hubby was very emotional at the very beginning, because he saw the scene, and caused the accident. I don't want to blame him at the very beginning because I felt he was already feeling bad enough. But the second day I started to show my anger to him...I have no idea why he would think of lifting up sofa recklessly, this is a huge furniture with lots of metal underneath.

I feel so sad that I can't type any more... There are so much more I want to say howevery...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 09:06 PM
Premier Cat

I am so sorry:'(
What a horrible tragedy to have happened...
I think feeling some anger at your hubby, is normal...
I'm sure it was a terrible accident, hubby may have panicked, and just didn't think through the situation very well at the time...
Fok is now at the Bridge...no more pain ever for him...
(((HUGS))) for you, as you try to deal with all the raw emotions this situation brings....
Click image for larger version

Name:	1424657229091.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	81922

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 09:20 PM
Tom Cat

Im so so sorry for your loss....

I have always been very aware when my boy was young he also would go under recliners. If you open it with a furball under there oh no...

Prayers for your recovery and for your kitty

Take Care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Premier Cat

I am sorry for your loss.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 10:08 PM
Cool Cat

I am so very very sorry.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you.

I feel very guilty to have Fok living for such a short time.
He was just 7 mths. I adopted him in animal home, thought that I could bring a better future and love to him, now I wonder he would not end up dying like this if he wandered on the street as a stray cat.

My hubby works on shift and I work in normal working hours and we seldom see each other. Fok is my best friend and I treat him as my son. I cared so much about his health. it took a long time for him to accept me and build trust between us .....and when life just getting less rough ..when he started to like me and trust me, he was taken away.

I threw away the sofa , I cant sit on that thing anymore. I put flowers on the accident spot, and lit up candles in the house to memorize him. I started my healing process . I think of being a volunteer for homeless animals and registered in animal care organization, I hope I can give my love to others in need.

but i still feel so sad most of the time. i avoid speaking anything face to face with friends. I didn't spoke in office. tears go down my face whenever i think of my Fok and his death .....
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 10:27 PM
Tom Cat

how awful! I'm very sorry for your loss.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 11:13 PM
Premier Cat

I am so sorry about Fok. It is awful to lose a kitty, and it seems so especially hard when they're young. Please remember that you DID give him a better life! You gave him a lot of love, and you spared him from having to worry about finding food and protecting himself. His life was short, but it might have been shorter on the streets - and even if it had been longer, certainly the quality would not have been good, like it was with you.

One of my kitties passed away almost 3 months ago, and I understand. I still don't feel like speaking very much.

It is wonderful that you are thinking of volunteering. Perhaps, in time, you will be ready to give a home to another kitty in need.

When you feel up to it, please feel free to share stories and pictures of Fok. Hugs to you.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 11:41 PM
Cool Cat

I am so sorry about Fok. What a terrible thing to have happen You were a wonderful mom to Fok and you did everything you could for him. I know how hard it is to lose a kitty and I
understand you not wanting to talk to anyone right now. Volunteering at an animal shelter would be a great thing for you to do.

Sending thoughts and prayers to you.

Judy
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 12:45 AM
Cat Addict

Oh how sad, I really feel for you, to have lost Fok so soon. I know its hard to not be angry with your husband but I am sure he panicked and tried to help Fok out of the original situation and this tragic accident happened. he is I am sure feeling terrible and at the time must have been horrified as well. Fok knew love in his short time with you and cats that do are very lucky. I hope that time and volunteering will help ease the pain and that you can then share your love with another fur baby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page