Lucy your gone, safe journey little friend. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Lucy your gone, safe journey little friend.

Hi all, been waiting a few days to post here & it's been very tough time. On Sunday our beautiful 2 year old Siamese Lucy made her transition as she was poisoned by ingesting antifreeze from somewhere nearby.. horrible, horrible, horrible.

She was the kindest, sweetest little bundle that ever was. She talked non stop, she was always in a good mood, she was always in our business, she always made us laugh - she was our kind little omnipresent friend. I remember she used to naively want to be friends with any other cat she came across but soon learned that this is not so normal in puss world. Miss you Lucy puss

Never thought such a small little animal would have such a massive impact, we're devastated & she's left a big hole, it's horrible.

She's left behind her sister Lola who came from the same litter & she is just as special but completely different . They have spent all their time together from birth - they slept, ate, groomed & played together all the time & now Lola is wondering what's going on, it's heartbreaking.

We want to get her another companion, probably the same breed but we don't know what's best with regard to timing. I know she needs to grieve like we are. Any input would be really great to hear,

but for now....

See you again sometime Lucy, we love you.

Last edited by mckenzie; 03-04-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Premier Cat

McKenzie,
I'm so, so sorry...:'(
Antifreeze is horrible...
Lucy is now pain free, playing at the Bridge, with our kitties, that are there...
Now she will have many friends, and her own Ray of Sunshine, to call her own.
She knows how much she was, and still is, loved by you...
(((HUGS))) for you guys and petpets for her sister, Lola...
Sharon
Click image for larger version

Name:	1425498792992.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	82490

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thanks for your words Sharon, it means a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Cool Cat

Oh McKenzie,
SO very very sorry for the loss of your precious Lucy. They really do take a part of our hearts with them when they go. They want to keep a part of us with them, I believe. But yes, someday, you will see her again, and she will give you back the piece she took with her.

SO very very sorry
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 03:47 PM
Kitten

Hang in there. You took great care of her and she loved you. That's what matters.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 10:17 PM
Jr. Cat

i'm so sorry for your loss, mckenzie. i know you gave lucy the best possible life. my deepest condolences.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 11:23 PM
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry about Lucy. It sounds like she was a very sweet little girl.

It must be heartbreaking to watch Lola. I lost one of mine in December, and it's been very hard seeing my other kitty so sad all the time.

As for timing with bringing a new kitty home, it's so hard to say. I haven't yet, but that's in large part because in my case, it has to be a very particular kind of kitty. I guess I would wait another couple of weeks to let Lola grieve and understand that Lucy isn't coming back. Some members have introduced a new kitty after a month and things went well, but it'll depend on Lola's temperament and the temperament of the new kitty.

I wish you well and hope you find a wonderful companion for Lola. In the meantime, sendings hugs for your loss.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 12:33 AM
Premier Cat

So sorry for your he loss of your Lucy. Please take your time to grieve. I am glad you are willing to open your heart to another kitty.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Wow, thanks so much guys, it really means a lot to know there are people like you who really care & understand. I think we are very slowly making some kind of peace with what's happened, after all we have always believed everything happens for a good reason, Lucy chose her time & she was here to teach us something special :0)

Last edited by mckenzie; 03-05-2015 at 05:26 PM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Right now it's the morning & this time is especially difficult. Lucy would usually finish off our cup's of tea which were left around, she also liked to cheekily eat our cereal if we weren't looking. She liked to paddy paw as well & her purr was deep & soothing. We miss her so much & so does her sister.

We have been thinking more about getting her sister Lola a companion as she is very sensitive & is really feeling the loss. Thanks Spirite for what you said about this. Maybe i should start another thread sometime specifically about this?

..Oh & Marie5890 - thank you, beautifully put.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page