The Moon has fallen for the final time - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

The Moon has fallen for the final time

As I posted before Tsuki was dying I thought I would have a bit more time today at least a few more hours of normalcy but at 5 am or so she started having seizures. I ran into my room and waited for them to stop knowing what was happening and knowing there was little chance of her handling the drive so I had to wait for my vet to open. When the seizure stopped I picked her up and held her the rest of the time till I took her to the vet where I continued to hold her. In my heart I never wanted to let go. To be honest to say I'm depressed would be a major understatement. I felt guilty having to wait that long too I wished I could do more.

I lost one of the first pets I ever truly owned today. I feel like I did the right thing and somehow guilty at the same time like I should have been able to do something more.

Her passing is made even sadder by the fact that her and Sera seemed to be bonded to each other. I keep looking around my apartment and thinking I saw a little black fur ball but deep inside I know it's all in my head. From the moment I got home I thought I saw her but it was all in my mind.

Rest in Peace little Tsuki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Cat

So sorry for your loss

Susy
Mom to Dusty
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasasola View Post
So sorry for your loss

Thanks only happy I was able to stay with her till the end at least. My sister kept telling me "it's too painful to stay till they pass" and all I could tell her was "I'd rather suffer horrible pain for five minutes than regret it for ten year" since I never stopped regretting leaving my dog before she passed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Premier Cat

I'm so very sorry, for what you had to go through. I think you did an incredible thing by adopting her, caring and loving her as you did, and gave her the final gift of letting her go peacefully, the most difficult part of pet ownership is the final farewell. I hope you take comfort that Tsuki had a great life while she was with you and Sera, and had a very happy, content kitty life. She is in peace now.

Sending you a big warm hug for the bravery and courage you had, and wish you peaceful moments during this dreadful time. My heartfelt condolences to you and your household. Pets to Sera, too.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Tom Cat

Im so sorry, I know how you feel
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Premier Cat

I am so sorry for your loss.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Cat Addict

Oh I am so sorry for your loss of Tsuki. In her short time though she was a lucky kitten to have you and Sera to love and be loved by. I am sure Sera will miss he sister too and I hope that her need to be with you will help you to get comfort as well.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Cool Cat

i am so sorry for your loss as well. and i completely agree wth you that it was best to stay with her till the very end so she knew she was in loving arms the whole time. you did the right thing - for both of you.
XOXOXO
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 02:31 PM
Cat

I am so very sorry for your loss, you did the right thing by staying with her, I stayed with my Oliver (first time for me) also, I would not have him be by himself at this time, I wanted my voice to be the voice that he heard, it was very difficult, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Premier Cat

Tsukiyomi,
You gave Tsuki the Most Unselfish Final Gift of Love, that we can give our furbabies...♡♡♡
You took All of her pain, the Heartache, of having to say goodbye, so Tsuki was set Free of it...
She is now Flying Free at The Bridge...
And remember, even when the Moon is dark...it is still there...
(((HUGS))) and Prayers, for you and Sera...
Sharon
Click image for larger version

Name:	1426014980201.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	82713

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page