Alkee departed for the "Rainbow Bridge" - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thank you all for your heartfelt words; it eases the pain of losing Alkee.

It never seems to get easier, and I've lost quite a few cats over the years. It had been 11 years since my last Manx died. Zuba has become a little depressed and is spending a lot of his time by himself sleeping, which isn't like him. I've already started to look for another Devon, but the waiting lists for a kitten are long and there aren't very many breeders in my area. I went to a local shelter, but none there really "spoke" to me, but I'll keep trying.

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 08:30 AM
Cool Cat

Ah, poor Zuba, he's mourning? I've watched that here and it is heartbreaking to see. It takes time to get through, just like with us... time time time. Continued love and more time.

I'd not go rushing around to find "a replacement" (which you already know you cannot do), just let life even out and recover a bit.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 12:48 AM
Premier Cat

I am so sorry catloverami. I remember how committed you were to learning how to give the insulin shots in order to help Alkee. What a beautiful kitty, with such a sweet little face! Sending hugs, and head scratches to Zuba.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I found a Devon breeder who has offered me a 3 month old kittty, but she doesn't want to release for another 6-8 wks as she is small for her age, and will need to be spayed before she releases her.....Hope to have a look-see at her next week to see how she plays with other cats and if she will interact with me and my husband. (fingers crossed)

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Vee
Jr. Cat

Sending hugs your way. Very sorry for your loss.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 12:50 AM
Cool Cat

Oh Ami, I am so, so very sorry to hear about the loss of your heart kitty Alkee. I hope your new kitten works out, I know how much a new baby can help heal a broken heart. It never replaces them, but it does help us move forward and heal.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

We did not get the first little girl kitty after all, because she showed no interest in me, but I did get a blue and white male Devon neuter kitty who chose me, called Fitty Pisky, on Oct. 29th. Unfortunately, he came down with ringworm 2 wks. after we had him, but by Christmas he wasn't having any more outbreaks. We isolated him for a good part of the time in a bathroom in our loft. After an early morning bathroom break, I let Fitty come in bed with me. He was lying on my right side at waist level and then started chewing and pulling buttons on my PJs, so I rolled on my back and he snuggled up under my right armpit. I was just relaxing before I had to get up listening to music on the radio when I felt a cat walk a couple of steps on the bed near my feet on my left, then I felt the duvet be snugged against my left thigh. There was some weight to it. I thought I had left the door open and that Zuba had come in but I hadn't. It felt like a cat snugged up beside my left thigh for several minutes, and then it was gone. The down duvet has no weight to it, and I'm sure it was "Alkee" in spirit that came to visit me, because that is where she was just before she died. I knew that morning she was dying and was very sad and crying, and she was lying in that same spot, but then dragged herself up to my face to butt me on my cheek, as if it say "don't cry". Shortly afterward, she jumped off the bed and dragged herself around the perimeter of the bedroom and then settle under a small chest of drawers. I left her there undisturbed while I went downstairs to get some breakfast and when I returned she was comatose. So I brought her to the sofa in the living room where I could observe her and sit beside her. Through the rest of the day she flitted in our out of unconsciousness (often with her legs moving as if she was running) and then around 4 pm, she died. I think this morning Alkee came back just to say she is OK, as I still miss her even with my sweet lovable Fitty. She is the second cat I've had that has come back for a brief visit after her death. One of my beloved Manx girls gave me two visits. Is there life after death for cats? I truly believe there is, and that we will see them again in the spiritual world.

Last edited by catloverami; 02-07-2016 at 04:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page