My little buddy is gone - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

My little buddy is gone

My grey tuxedo cat Alex passed away yesterday. He had been with me for almost 13 and a half years.

He adopted me when he was around 3 months old. He was an energetic little guy who I would joke had a dog in his bloodline somewhere for how loyal he was and that he would bring toys to me for me to play with him with. He grew into a good sized handsome fellow of a cat. He always met me at the door when i got home and slept at the corner of my bed. He took the "love" of my then 1 year old very well.

He was there for me through a divorce. Some lonely times, a second wife and even tolerated a set of twins fairly well for his older age.

in the last year he was found to have thyroid issues, and then one day he lost energy, he had a hard time breathing, we thought it was a cold, but it turned out it was either a mass in his lungs or fluid. Well if it was a mass there was nothing that could be done, so we treated him for fluid. He went down hill fast and died a little over 24 hours after the treatment. My guess is that it was a mass then.

I miss him dearly but was with him to the end. Some call them stupid animals but they sure know how to work their way into your heart.

Our 4 year old calico Snickers seems to be a little lost with out him too. I may need to find her a new friend, but not too soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 10:42 PM
Cat

I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope you find comfort in the happy memories and knowing that he is resting peacefully. 13 years I'm sure wasn't enough, he sounds like he was such a loving and warm kitth. I hope that having the company of your other kitty help you a bit through this tough time, Keep him close as I'm sure he's missing his buddy.

Kitties have their own unique place in this world, they really have a way of making lasting and loving impressions on us. They always seem to adopt us and make us love them, the best feeling is when they show love back.

Sending you warm thoughts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 11:11 PM
Cat Addict

Oh I'm so sorry for the loss of Alex. Only people who haven't had cats in their life call them stupid.
He had a lovely life with you and while he left a hole in your heart he also left you with lovely memories. Run free at The bridge Alex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 05:48 AM
Cool Cat

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I know too well the pain of losing a beloved pet. Alex would want you to remember the good times and I hope you can do that. Take care of yourself and Snickers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Cool Cat

Ah, been there, it really does hurt. Both the people and the animals left behind. That has to be one of the saddest thing to watch, your Snickers looking for Alex. Much sympathy. There will be another friend for Snickers when the time is right.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Tom Cat

So sorry for your loss. I had to euthanize my Geets in August. It just hurts so much. There is no such thing as a stupid animal, only stupid people. Give Snickers extra attention. Run free with Geets

Kathy

Razzle and Geets-they left paw prints on my heart. Love you, love you always.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 11:17 PM
Cat

My thoughts are with you. I know how devastating this is. We have lost 3 of our cats. One of them was with me during my "single days" and saw me through some difficult times, so my partner had to be there during her final hours. I just couldn't stay. I was a mess.

Now we always have 2 cats, no matter what, so when we find that an older cat is declining we adopt a kitten, knowing that it will always keep the other cat company and lessen the blow for us as well.

We recently put Sasha to sleep so we adopted Toby, an 8 month-old from a shelter. He keeps Milo, who is 11 years-old, active. Milo is our "heart" (in my avatar), but we see him slowing down as well. When the time comes, we will look for another kitten. We've just found this the best way of moving past the grief.

Our boy, Toby

Milo, Sasha and Misha, we miss you!

Last edited by dseag2; 02-02-2016 at 11:21 PM.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 02:29 AM
Jr. Cat

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Abby on December 10th. I had her for 12 years and I got her when she was a few months old. It's still really hard to realize she has been gone this long already. There are still nights I want to cry because I miss her. It is really amazing how the become a major part of your life though. It's heartbreaking when they pass on. Just know that he is no longer in pain or suffering and is running pain free at the Bridge. Sending warm thoughts to you and your family.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thank you for your kind words. still hurts and i will always miss him
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 12:12 AM
Premier Cat

Cdj,
I'm so sorry for your loss of Alex:'(
It never gets easier, each one leaves an indelible paw print on our hearts♡♡♡♡
Alex is running Free at The Bridge now, healthy,, and happy...
The pain will lessen with time, and the best way to honor him, is to pass on that love to another deserving little one.
(((HUGS)))
Sharon
Name:  1454735581485.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  18.9 KB

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 10cats2dogs; 02-06-2016 at 12:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page