My little boy Kohl - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 08:26 AM
Cool Cat

I hear you! I have *no* house cats now, and it's a lonesome feeling. The outside feral is somewhat friendly when I go to feed him, but there's no cuddles, no lap sitting. I look at the shelter postings in our local paper, but I've not moved forward with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

You really should - we briefly got a little kitten last week (I help out the shelter sometimes so called in and got pressured to take home a little kitten) but it was way too soon for us. She was a lovely little thing who certainly won't struggle to find a home but we just looked at her and thought it wasn't fair as we are grieving so much. We will take another cat in at some point but obviously there are no guarantees that it will be a lap cat but that is what I am missing so much is someone needing me all the time. Earl and Scampi are lovely cats but Kohl wanted me whenever I was around.

It has been a bit weird with Earl actually as each night since I brough Kohl's ashes home he has jumped on the table and rubbed his face against the box containing the ashes - he never ever rubs up against anything or anyone!

Last edited by marie73; 04-11-2016 at 04:27 AM.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Premier Cat

eldercat, I don't think I realized that you don't currently have any kitties at home. You don't find it hard to hear others talk about their cats? I don't know that I'd be strong enough to do that. I have Margaux's ashes in a box as well, with her picture on top of it.

bobbydrake, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I remember the emptiness so well, and Margaux's been gone for 16 months now. And it's really unfortunate that your experience picking up Kohl's ashes was so unpleasant.

Celia did the same as Earl. She never goes up on the coffee table, where Margaux's ashes and picture are, but once I put them there, she went and rubbed her cheek against the frame, though only for a few days. But her behavior has changed tremendously. I wonder if you'll find that with Earl and Scampi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Let's try to keep this thread about Kohl.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Premier Cat

Oops! bobbydrake, I tend to always relate situations to my personal experiences (this is probably not news to marie...).
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

It's not news to North America.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 12:48 AM
Cat

It sounds like you did everything for Kohl, and I am sorry you lost him. He sounds like a great cat.

Let go the guilt and the "what ifs," because you did the best you could with the information you had. You did well for your friend, and I know you will miss him.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

I know I will at some point but just sometimes last yesterday was a nice sunny Sunday and I missed watching him lazing in the sunshine. At some point I will get another cat and although I'm not expecting it to be like Kohl (no other cat could be) I do hope it needs me Like Kohl did but I know thats not guaranteed!

Last edited by marie73; 04-11-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page