LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Cat

♥ I adore that, thank you ♥
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 12:59 AM
Premier Cat

I am so sorry about Zoe, StormChaser. What a beautiful little girl she was! She'll always be with you, even if you can't see her. Hugs to you.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you, Spirite ♥ I truly do believe that as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 06:39 PM
Kitten

Thank you so, so much for your words of comfort and sympathy on my post. I didn't see yours originally, so I just read it now. Your story is so heartbreaking. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your Zoe.

If I knew you in real life, I would give you a huge hug! Believe me when I say I know EXACTLY how you feel. It's so hard to stop yourself from the guilt, thinking Did I do the Right Thing? Was There Something Else I Could Do? I think a lot of it is that our babies weren't particularly old, and their illnesses came out of the blue (and were aggressive!) If you're anything like me, I truly thought I had years left with my boys; sickness wasn't even in the realm of possibility. You need to know that you absolutely did the right thing for Zoe. That you didn't let her suffer is the most selfless, ultimate act of your love and devotion to her. I know what it's like to want extra hours - minutes even! - but those minutes come at such a high cost. You did the right thing, without question.

You are certainly not alone in your pain and grief. I know that we'll never stop missing our babies, but maybe that's ok. It means knowing the true meaning of love and companionship. They've left us with the everlasting gift of so many happy memories, and their paw prints will forever be on our hearts.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you, Miko's Mom... I am just seeing this response now! ((( ♥ )))

It has been almost 3 months now since I said goodbye to Zoe, and I still cry when I think of her. She's becoming a memory and I think that hurts more than anything. I cherish the memories, but they pale in comparison to my sweet baby girl. I do tell myself often that I did the right thing for her, and when I look at the pictures of those last couple of weeks, it is so obvious how much pain she was in. I am truly thankful that the very last video I ever took of her was right before we left for the vet... she was in my lap and I was petting her, crying as she purred and kept looking up at me with those beautiful love filled eyes that I miss so much. I knew that was going to be the last moment we had together that was truly "us", because as soon as I took her to the vet I knew I would have to be strong for her, because she would be scared. And she was, but in the end, all there was, was peace.

For anyone reading this, know that it is OK to grieve, and to grieve hard. These little Lights are precious gifts. I am truly honored to have experienced a bond like this, and I hope that it is not the last. In fact, I will be spending Saturday meeting with rescue kitties, in hopes that one will be meant to come home with me. ♥
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 01:59 AM
Cat

Big hugs. I am so sorry, and understand the second guessing. It is hard to know. We do the best with the information we have. Your heart was in the right place, so I am sure it was a good time. I think I went too long with my favorite cat, and my sister feels the same about the last cat she had to put down. The vet asked her why she waited so long

RIP Zoe.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 05:47 AM
Cat

I am so sorry for the loss of Zoe.. It is soooo hard to lose our furry family members.. Making that final act of LOVE is the most difficult one.. I am sure she is watching you from the other side of the bridge. xxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page