Milo passed away tonight - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
I hope Toby is ok. Hugs to you and head scratches for Toby.
Yes, he was a beautiful boy. Toby seems to be doing fine. Thank you for asking. He was adopted from a shelter and gets along with all humans and cats. Although they weren't close, he used to groom Milo. Milo had gotten old by the time we adopted Toby, so there was very little playing involved.

Milo was clearly the head cat in the household. If Toby was laying in my lap and Milo came up, Toby would leave immediately. Today Toby spent a good 4 hours in my lap because he now has me all to himself.

We are going to watch Toby and see if he shows signs of needing companionship. He is very attached to us, and sometimes he will cry outside my home office door when he needs attention. He still plays a lot, and if he seems lonely at times we will adopt another young cat to be his buddy. Honestly, it is nice to only have to care for 1 cat right now. We've had up to 3 at one time and although we loved them all it was taxing.

Our boy, Toby

Milo, Sasha and Misha, we miss you!

Last edited by marie73; 11-20-2016 at 01:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 11:29 PM
Tom Cat

OMG. I saw that first pic and burst out laughing. And the legs are crossed. Wish i could do that. My Razzle used to do that. I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP

Kathy

Razzle and Geets-they left paw prints on my heart. Love you, love you always.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Yes, he was a rare cat and we are so happy to have had him in our lives. The two things he loved were laying on his back and laying in the sun. (I think because he was a Florida cat.) He kept us entertained for sure.

Toby seems to be getting along just fine. We have lots of lap time these days. Interestingly, we have a two-cat feeding dish and he has not eaten any of Milo's food. There was definitely a mutual respect there.

Our boy, Toby

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 12:34 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseag2 View Post
Interestingly, we have a two-cat feeding dish and he has not eaten any of Milo's food. There was definitely a mutual respect there.
Aww. He's leaving Milo's food, in case he returns. I'm glad he's doing ok. When Margaux died, Celia grieved for so long, and her behavior changed - it appears permanently. It's not bad behavior, just not how she was for her first 14.5 years.

In some ways, it is nice to be able to give one cat all the attention he or she wants. Sometimes, I found it hard to decide how to divvy up my time so that each cat got equal attention. Toby is getting all of your attention now, but he also probably wants it, and needs it, even more.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Yes, we have a two-dish arrangement and we finally cleaned out Milo's side today. Toby was respectful of that side, knowing it was Milo's. It broke my heart to empty the food, because it also made me realize that Milo wasn't coming back.

Toby seems to enjoy all of the extra attention. He is a character. He laid on my lap upside down tonight on the couch while I rubbed his belly. He always "talks" to us when he is needing attention. We are going to keep close tabs on him. If he seems to be the least bit lonely, we will be looking for another cat!

BTW, our beautiful Toby is in my signature pic now.

Our boy, Toby

Last edited by dseag2; 11-22-2016 at 11:17 PM.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 01:47 AM
Cat

He is adorable. I like how his back paws are crossed as he lays on the floor. RIP Milo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page