Little Lili - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Little Lili

This is Little Lili.

She was 4 1/2 weeks old (though technically 3 1/2, since her and her siblings were born a week early).

She was loveable, and cuddly, and extremely fluffy. She was content with sitting in between my legs, half-asleep, purring quietly.

One morning, December 20th, I noticed she was acting strange. She was asleep away from her siblings, and could barely hold herself up. I thought it was a standard case of FKS, and proceeded to rub sugar water on her gums, and have her drink a little pedialyte to give her a boost.

But, her body had other plans.

We rushed her to the vet after the above didn't work, and she was diagnosed with hyperlipidemia, and anemia.

After 2 hours of them performing tests and getting her comfortable, we had to say our goodbyes.

I sat with her for 30 minutes, crying, holding her tiny paw, giving her pets and kisses on her tiny fluffy head as she struggled to breathe. I told her she was a good girl, and that I loved her, and that Jonghyun would take good care of her (someone else important to me who had died the day before).

She took my finger in her paw and squeezed, opening those cute little eyes of hers to give me one last look, before the vet gave her the sleepy medicine, and her paw went limp.

She brought so much joy into my life, even though she was only here for a short period of time. She will be missed by everyone who had gotten the chance to see her, and fall in love with her.

Rest easy. I'm proud of you. You did well. I love you.

--

After all this, I just have to ask.. What could possibly cause this? The vet said it was possible it was a genetic thing but they couldn't tell without more testing, which was impossible since she was so tiny, and her blood was like strawberry milk... Its hard to let go without knowing.

And... Before anyone asks... I would have saved her, I loved her so much, but I didn't have $2000, my card limit was only $1000, or it all would have went to her. I would have spent every last penny on her to save her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 09:54 PM
Cool Cat

Ah so sad. I had a little one that went from Feline Leuk, way back years ago.

Much sympathy. You did your best, that's all anyone can ask for. And now she is at peace.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 11:56 PM
Cool Cat

all my love to you and you Little Lili. she will be waiting for you at the rainbow Bridge.

XOXO

Maggie & Phoebe
Kitty, Lucy Girl, Bobby Boy, and my sweet Angel forever in my heart.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you for your kind words.

I'm still quite upset about it, but hopefully that'll heal in time..

I hope she is happy, frolicking with the other lost fur babies, chewing on grass and batting butterflies with her tiny paws.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 11:39 AM
Cool Cat

i'll bet she is getting loved so much up there. not even the big cats can resist a little kitten! know she is being fawned over and has no sadness in her heart. the only missing piece is you right now, but she will wait and frolick until that time.

Maggie & Phoebe
Kitty, Lucy Girl, Bobby Boy, and my sweet Angel forever in my heart.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 02:01 PM
Premier Cat

Aaah, so sad.....some little kitties just don't survive. She was sooo adorable and can well understand your sadness....yes she will be waiting at the RB and you will be with her again some day.

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 01:52 AM
Premier Cat

Oh, I am so sorry about Lili. It always seems extra heartbreaking when they're so young. Despite her very short life, she will not be forgotten by anyone who reads this thread.

You don't need to justify your actions, and you shouldn't feel guilty. I don't know what treatment your vet had in mind, but from what you said, it doesn't seem like there was much that could be done. I did a bit of quick reading on hyperlipidemia, which is just high cholesterol, and I didn't see anything about it, by itself, being fatal. Anemia, however, is almost always secondary to some other (often serious) condition, but a diagnosis would have required further testing, which wasn't possible. I also had a kitty pass away from unknown causes, and I know how hard it is to accept that uncertainty as final, but over time, you will make peace with it.

That her loss was preceded by the loss of another loved one must be so, so difficult. Sending hugs and sympathy, and wishing you much strength.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page