This is Little Lili.
She was 4 1/2 weeks old (though technically 3 1/2, since her and her siblings were born a week early).
She was loveable, and cuddly, and extremely fluffy. She was content with sitting in between my legs, half-asleep, purring quietly.
One morning, December 20th, I noticed she was acting strange. She was asleep away from her siblings, and could barely hold herself up. I thought it was a standard case of FKS, and proceeded to rub sugar water on her gums, and have her drink a little pedialyte to give her a boost.
But, her body had other plans.
We rushed her to the vet after the above didn't work, and she was diagnosed with hyperlipidemia, and anemia.
After 2 hours of them performing tests and getting her comfortable, we had to say our goodbyes.
I sat with her for 30 minutes, crying, holding her tiny paw, giving her pets and kisses on her tiny fluffy head as she struggled to breathe. I told her she was a good girl, and that I loved her, and that Jonghyun would take good care of her (someone else important to me who had died the day before).
She took my finger in her paw and squeezed, opening those cute little eyes of hers to give me one last look, before the vet gave her the sleepy medicine, and her paw went limp.
She brought so much joy into my life, even though she was only here for a short period of time. She will be missed by everyone who had gotten the chance to see her, and fall in love with her.
Rest easy. I'm proud of you. You did well. I love you.
After all this, I just have to ask.. What could possibly cause this? The vet said it was possible it was a genetic thing but they couldn't tell without more testing, which was impossible since she was so tiny, and her blood was like strawberry milk... Its hard to let go without knowing.
And... Before anyone asks... I would have saved her, I loved her so much, but I didn't have $2000, my card limit was only $1000, or it all would have went to her. I would have spent every last penny on her to save her.