Miss Celia Bedelia - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 11:46 AM
Jr. Cat

My condolences to you and your beautiful Celia. What a wonderful last precious moments you two had together. *hugs*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 04:16 PM
Premier Cat

Patty,
It is so hard, when you pick up their ashes...at the same time, they're home again...BitterSweet feelings...

I know what you mean about CKD kitties...it's VERY hard, I went through that with Grandma Callie cat, and I was giving her, her SubQ fluids at home, she was a trooper...

Now I have another senior kitty, my avatar kitty, Miss Peaches...I don't know if I can go through something again, but...I probably will, if she gets to that point...

Many, many Hugs...
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 08:31 PM
Premier Cat

Hugs...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1432411024156_1432410390676_1524270650654.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	122780  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks again everyone, for your kind words and sympathy.

Tuesday, when I thought of her, the image that came to mind was of her in mid-flight. She was a perfectly centered arc in the middle of the image, heading to some place to the right. It was weirdly soothing, as if she were letting me know that she was free, and I was so happy to think of her as being happy, and running and jumping again, without pain. That same image has been with me all week. Last night, she was no longer centered but closer to the right side. Today, she's almost at that side.

I was told that her ashes will probably be returned to the vet on Monday. I am teaching my last class (ever!) on Monday evening, so I'll probably go pick them up on Tuesday afternoon. I'm not sure whether the image will change before then. But I agree Sharon - although I'm dreading it, I also really want to have her here at home with me.

I must have forgotten that Grandma Callie had CKD. I just remember that she needed all of her teeth extracted. I hope Miss Peaches is doing ok and isn't showing any symptoms. Wow, I wouldn't wish a CKD kitty on anyone.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 09:16 AM
Tom Cat

What a a beautiful tribute! She was a beautiful girl. So so sorry for your loss.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thank you G-PEG.

I brought her home today. I had a little paw print made, and I have a lock of her fur. It doesn't even feel like her fur now that it's not on her.

But I am glad she's back home.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 04:54 PM
Premier Cat

Oh Patty...BIG HUGS for you...
I'm glad she's back home now...

And I loved your vision of her in mid flight, I'm sure she shared that with you, because she didn't want you feeling bad, Miss Celia wanted you to know, that she was on her way to her New home, and all was well...

Alas, we only get to 'borrow' these little ones for awhile, before they're called back home...
And they leave us with both saddened hearts, and yet, fuller hearts, for having had them in our lives...

It is amazing what they can teach us...
They definitely leave paw prints on our hearts.

Sharon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paw Prints Logo_full_1524776029970.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	122820  

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 10:24 PM
Cat

I can't believe I just read about this today.
I am so, so sorry for your loss sprite
Reading your farewell post to Ms. Celia brought tears to my eyes.
Ms. Celia is running free in the the rainbow bridge now free of pain...RIP dear angel...
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 11:03 AM
Cat Addict

Oh Patty, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been away and am just now reading this. I hope you are experiencing happy memories of Celia.

Celia and Margaux are back together at the bridge, blissfully ignoring each other.

Jeff

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thank you Scott, Sharon, and Christine, and Jeff.

My goodness, I started this post eons ago and then never posted it!

It's so strangely quiet. 4 years ago, I had 3 kitties keeping me occupied: Margaux, Celia, and Mr. Casper the stray. I lost Margaux in December 2014 after almost 13 years together, and Mr. Casper we presume passed away some time in September 2015, the last time I saw him. He showed up on my doorstep on my second day down here in July 2010.

When I lost Margaux, having Celia was such a comfort. Now the emptiness is really hard. I think it's also much more difficult because I spent so much time caring for Celia in her last 4 months or so. She occupied much of my actual time but also all of my emotional and mental energy, so the loss is still quite raw right now. I know it will just take time for the roughest edges to soften.

I have taken a peek at some kitty pics on online adoption sites/shelter websites, and there are just so many who need homes. I don't think I'm quite ready yet, and I also need to at least start a serious job hunt before thinking of adopting more kitties. There is a 20-year-old kitty at the local no-kill, and that breaks my heart. But he is likely to have some degree of kidney failure at that age, and I just don't think I can do that again right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page