Cat Forum banner

My Sweet Little Cali

4K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  4w5 
#1 ·
I said goodbye to my lovely little girl this morning. I know she's no longer in pain and I know I did the right thing, but my heart is breaking. She was my little Walmart Greeter - always licking the forehead of her sisters every time she walked by them. Every time. She was a tender, gentle little 7 lb. angel.

She was also a bit of a scamp. Cleo doesn't like to be touched, so when she would be in Cali's favorite place on the cat tree, Cali would jump up on the nearest level and lightly touch Cleo. Of course Cleo would growl and jump down, and Cali would take her place, happy as a clam.

A few nights ago when I went to bed, she crawled up on top of me, put her arm around my neck and laid her little face next to mine. It was the sweetest thing ever and I'll always remember it.

https://www.catforum.com/forum/members/marie73-albums-california-girls-picture60-beautiful-cali.html

holding hands with her sister, watching a scary movie with me

on the left, trying to look innocent when I caught them wrestling

Trying to convince me that this teeny, tiny cat bed will be just fine, thank you

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
What a beautiful angel she will always be. She had a great heart that she shared with those that were in her reach. I’m glad you found each other.

Regards
Larry

#5 ·
Thanks, all. Nice to know there was another WG cat. I'd like to think she welcomed Cali to the Bridge.

#8 ·
Cali needs a new partner in crime. :)

Here she is plotting with Cleo. Apparently they think whatever they have in mind is quite hilarious.

Attachments

#9 ·
So sorry to hear of Cali's passing, but it was peacefu,l and absolutely beautiful the way she put her arm on your neck and snuggled her face to yours......very precious girl! I've always thought calicos are special cats. I had a sweetheart calico many years ago called "Magic Marker" and I still miss her from time to time.

#11 · (Edited)
Thanks, I appreciate all the kind words. The twins turned 12 years old on June 15th. I was blessed with having Cali around for much longer than I thought (and the vets thought) when the tumors were first discovered.

She was a special little girl. But everyone's pets are special and very, very loved.

Her Petfinder picture that made me fall in love with her:

The day I met them

The twins' first day home. Never say "Bite me!" to your sister. (there was no actual contact, just a great angle)

#12 ·
The vet called, Cali's ashes were ready for pickup. Wow. Why does that phone call tear into your heart so much? I was expecting the usual wooden box, but this is what I received. There was a label with her name and date on it, but I really didn't want to look at that every day, so I took it off. There was also a handwritten note from the cremation company saying that she was treated with the utmost respect and care, etc. The top of my antique desk was one of her favorite places, but her last few months, she couldn't jump up there. She would just sit on the floor and stare at it. She would love that she was up there now.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.