Cat Forum banner

Dexter, my darling Devon...

725 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  dmcwlvssr 
#1 ·
This is my furbaby - a little gift from my wonderful mum as a companion as I'm so far away.

Dexter is about 4 and a half months old. I got him after my Siberian Husky passed away at 10 months old. I couldn't bare to get another dog as it was too painful and I really wanted an indoor companion. I also wanted to go to a respected breeder and get a kitten that would be healthy, unlike Pepper who had to be put to sleep due to a congenital condition.

Dexter is a very active kitten, who loves to run and jump across great distances. He loves climbing and boy does he love his food! He also enjoys cuddles and sitting in your lap watching t.v. He's a very loving and affectionate boy and I couldn't imagine life without him!

See less See more
#7 ·
He is BEAUTIFUL! Is he a Devon Rex? At the rescue I volunteer at we have several Rex mixes (I guess they could be purebreds, but they are from a hoarding situation, sadly..) and they are the softest, most outgoing, friendly, playful cats I've ever met. When I sat in the kitten room with them I wasn't even completely sitting down before I had one on my lap, and within a minute I had all five on me.

#8 ·
Yes, he is a Devon Rex. He is just to die for, isn't he!? He's incredibly outgoing and ever so affectionate. Devons are extremely people orientated and just have to be on your lap, smooching, head butting and pawing you to say hello. I've only had him a month and he's shown great concern for me when I'm unwell.

His colour is called "Cream Mink". I think it means a point with their point colour in a lighter shade over the rest of their body instead of white.

That is my mobile phone he's playing with there - he'll play with absolutely anything, but particularly loves my phone. He'll paw it if it's in my bag as if to say "please let me play with this!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.