Special adult cat in Los Angeles - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Special adult cat in Los Angeles

I know there is not a big chance of anything coming out of posting on the forum, but I thought I would still give it a chance... should word of mouth work, who knows!

Cloud is a white female cat about 2-3 years old that is currently fostered by the private rescuer I know. She was pulled out of the shelter days before getting put to sleep - she was red listed, pathetically thin and caked with filth. Not a very good start for her

Now she has come around beautifully, she is lean and muscular, with a gorgeous glossy white coat; she is quite a character too, and that's where her trouble start as far as finding a new home goes...

She needs to be an only cat - she ignores dogs, and does not seem to mind their company at all, but she is an awful bully to other cats. Where she is fostered she keeps cornering the other cats, adults and kittens alike, and hisses and swats at them, terrifying pretty much all of them, getting in fights with the brave ones That rules out any multicat home...

Also, she will not eat dry food, and will barely touch canned food - the rescuer tried her on raw food, and now she will not eat anything else. While this is excellent for her health, it kinda narrows down the number of potential homes even more

She is currently kept indoors and allowed outdoors supervised. She is a very docile and friendly kitty, she absolutely adores to be petted and brushed... she is as adorable to people as she is mean to other cats!

She is spayed, microchipped, de-wormed, de-flead and very healthy... not destructive in any way, but she demands more attention than she can get in a foster home, and really is becoming a problem with other cats.

The rescue lady usually asks for a rehoming fee to make sure the cats end up in a trustworthy place, but I am sure she would be willing to compromise if the right person offered a home for Cloud. So if you know someone who is looking to adopt one adult cat and will not want more... please spread the word!

Thanks!

"It is never too late to be what we might have been."
- George Eliot -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

She's gorgeous!

I hope she finds a good home - her chances are pretty good with you helping, Nini.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 02:50 AM
Premier Cat

Aww ... she is so cute. I hope she finds a home soon

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Premier Cat

She sounds like she'd be a great cat for a Senior citizen provided they could be shown her diet. Perhaps, natures variety would work for her, it's easier...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

She is still waiting for a home... a lady was interested in adopting her for her mother, but when she came to see her she was more worried about whether she was going to get white fur all over her house, than about the cat itself. And she never called back

So, back to the start... she would be so perfect indeed for a Senior who needs the company of a very friendly pet. Frozen raw food would work great for her, and would surely be easier than balancing the quantities of raw meat and veggies at home. I hope someone will finally take her home...

"It is never too late to be what we might have been."
- George Eliot -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page