URGENT! Looking for a home for a kitty who is in danger.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

URGENT! Looking for a home for a kitty who is in danger....

I just received a call today from my mom who has told me that she has a cat in desperate need of a home. My mom cannot have a cat in her apt. The kitten was dumped and was just hanging out around the apt when a horrible little neighbor girl(approx. 10-12 yrs old) set her on FIRE! ) She was burned pretty bad. They called the cops but since no one saw her do it, they couldn't do anything(nice, huh?) - My mom snuck her in and took care of her and got her all healed. She got out when one of my sisters friends walked in....
She disappeared for a week. My mom was upset and hoped someone had stolen her(as a pet), but a week later she came hobbling back burned yet again. My mom has finally gotten her healed again but she is terrified that she will get out again, and may not have the strength to survive another attack from this horrible little girl. She is a total sweety, very affectionate and somehow holds no grudges..... she even likes kids, other cats, and dogs(she has been around a small/medium dog) She also never touches my moms hamsters.

I am going up tomorrow to take pictures(She is getting a bath and purtyfied before her photoshoot) and will post them as soon as possible. She can't keep hiding her and she can't risk getting kicked out of her apt. She lives there with my 10 yr old sister.

If anybody wants more information, I would be more then willing to help. I really want to help find her a home. Please let me know if you are at all interested!!! I am going to try a rescue too but they are already getting slammed with spring kittens...... chances of her survival in a shelter are slim to none.

PICTURES COMING VERY SOON!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Premier Cat

Re: URGENT! Looking for a home for a kitty who is in danger....

Poor kitty! I'd like to "play" with that 12yr old... Come on, one round of HopScotch. Stinker.
Area of the country kitty is located in? We need to know who is close by before anyone can consider helping the poor kitty. I've had great luck with the PetsMart adoption centers...
Best of luck,
Heidi

post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Premier Cat

Just had a thought...

Can your Mom call the Fire Department? Wouldn't this classify as "arson" if this girl lights pets on fire and the poor burning animal runs into/under a structure or vehicle and there is property damage? Something needs to be done to this little hellion before she turns her psychopathic ways upon the children and people around her.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Sorry - The cat is in Spokane, WA.

The cops say they can't prove it was the little girl that did it, so nothing will be done. The parents deny that their kids has done anything wrong. The little girl does have a restraining order keeping her off the apt. property, but that was the most that could be done. Everyone in the apts. has a camera around just to try and catch her on tape and get proof.

The best thing is to just protect this kitty. For some reason, none of the other animals have been injured - she just seems to hate this kitty. I don't doubt it will happen again, I just hope that someone can get it on tape and get this little kid in trouble.....

CPS is a joke around here. They are useless.

And the cat wasn't seen actually on fire, just burned and black.

I will try the petsmart here but when I was trying to place a stray I had, they said they only took shelter/rescue animals....

I will get more info and pictures of her tomorrow.... I know she is a doll and very sweet. Litter box trained, pretty talkative and a real snuggler.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 02:29 AM
Premier Cat

Hm. Maybe you could network with your friends and between everyone's jobs, maybe they would be able to find this kitty a home.

I have a friend who lives in the South/Center of WA state, close to the Columbia Gorge, but I think Spokane would be too far away (280mi) for me to ask her to go pick up a kitty. She has a large amount of acreage and takes in numerous kitties all the time. Some of her cats are housecats but most live in the barns and outbuildings. All are s/n and given yearly shots.

post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

We may be able to take her to her if she wants her?? I don't mind the drive. I just want her to be where she doesn't have to be afraid anymore. My mom has a heart condition and doesn't really leave her house. So, it is kind of up to me. Please let me know if she would be interested...and like I said, I will have pictures of her tomorrow.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Premier Cat

I will call my friend but I need to have more information than I already have.
I moved away from that state 8 years ago and we only call each other a few times a year to catch up on things, exchange Christmas cards and the occasional forward/joke email.
This will be a very big favor I would be asking of her. Please also keep in mind that she may not wish to take on another kitty and we may be disappointed.
The best we can do is try...so lets cross our fingers.

First, please post some pictures so I can email them to her.
Second, in addition to the story of this poor kitty's abuse from that girl, please tell me all about the kitty's personality and behaviors.
Finally, the approximate age of the kitty and the possibility of it being pregnant or spayed.

post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Just got back(sorry, had an engagement photoshoot to do today too) Here are the pics of her......

Her name is Pheobe.... She is about 8 months old. Sweet as can be. Pretty small cat. A huge talker, and follows you around like a dog. lol She is very curious and very "pawy" and tries to get your attention. But at the same time, is not obnoxious about it either. Just had her shots but unknown if she had any shots prior to this. I remember seeing her after she was burned and was shocked to see her today, she looks remarkable! Can't even tell she got burned, much less twice! Her fur and whiskers have all come in great. She is not fixed but my mom said she has not come into heat yet(she can't afford to get her fixed right now either) but she is also keeping her as a strict indoor cat.

Heidi, don't worry if she can't take her... someone will fall in love and want her. I am just so worried that if she gets out again, she will be hurt or killed. I just can't handle that thought.

Anyway, here are her pictures.

post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 12:22 AM
Jr. Cat

Great photos!! What camera are you using?

Also what area is the cat located? Chicago? Middle of Utah?

2 males...
Zephyer & Clint
one is 8 the other is 9 years old
They are like my kids
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thanks - I am actually a photographer - I use a Nikon D70s.

Pheobe is in Washington.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page