Two White Purebred Persians Need New Home - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Two White Purebred Persians Need New Home

I am trying to find a safe way to relocate two adult white purebread Persians. Their human has moved to France. They are a male and female but both neutered. They are both strictly indoor cats. I really don't want to put them in the paper or on CraigsList, as the owner truely adored these two cats and has entrusted me with finding them a good home.
I am hoping a fellow lover of Persian cats will come to their rescue. If you know of a club or bulletin or somewhere safe I ought to be listing them, please let me know.
They are free to a good home. I'd take them, but I already have three cats and mine have an entrance so they can come and go as they please. The Persians would be in danger of getting lost in the woods.
This is a photo I took of one at Thanks-giving just last year.
Oh yes, we are in Santa Cruz, California, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Cat

Re: Two White Purebred Persians Need New Home

Are any of these rescue organizations near you?
http://purebredcats.org/persian_rescues_california.htm

I would recommend letting an experienced rescue organization find and evaluate potential adopters. If necessary, you could be their foster home while the rescue organization found them a permanent home? In my opinion, the quality of adopter who adopts from a purebred rescue group is often higher and adopters who go to a specific breed rescue group can be more knowledgeable about breed specific needs. Like grooming, with Persians.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

That is exactly the kind of information I am looking for. I was ready to post a note on CraigsList. But of course, I would never relocate the cats without checking out the people first. Especially their home. I'll use your link and see what I find.
I tried to post a photo here and couldn't figure it out in the short amount I time I have right now. I believe I am going to need to move it to a puplic domain and upload it from there. I'll let you know what I find from your link!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Jr. Cat

If I lived in California I would definately have them, I have 3 persians already. What a shame the owners couldn't take them with them
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Jr. Cat

I hope you can find a good home for them!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

The link provided a nice list of people to contact for help. I feel much better now. These two cats are really missing their people, it is going to be a huge adjustment for them! Plus, they are used to a large two story house to roam and run in. I will let you know what happens. Yes, it is too bad they could not go to France as well. Just was not possible.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedscor2816 View Post
The link provided a nice list of people to contact for help. I feel much better now. These two cats are really missing their people, it is going to be a huge adjustment for them! Plus, they are used to a large two story house to roam and run in. I will let you know what happens. Yes, it is too bad they could not go to France as well. Just was not possible.
I realize this was over two months ago, but I wondered if there was an update on these two Persians?

Annie
"If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page