Tri-state area (OH/WV/PA) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Tri-state area (OH/WV/PA)

I have two more fosters who need homes!

"Neenya" is a pretty little black DLH girl, about 6-7
months old. She was semi-feral, but after only two days here, she asks for pets and wants to mingle with the 'herd'. She's already easy to handle. I think she'll make a very nice pet for someone!

"Billy Bob" has a sad story and deserves a loving future. His "owner" was sent to prison. The lawyer wouldn't let anyone in the house to check on Billy and his calico roommate (who has now been missing for weeks and is very, very shy). The cats somehow got loose and Billy was finally trapped and tested, neutered, vaccinated and treated for fleas and worms. Poor boy is full-sized, yet he now weighs less than four pounds, just skin and bones and still a little weak. But what a heart he has! He's still confused about what has happened to him, but he purrs and pets and seems very thankful for food, shelter, and love. He makes no demands, but he pays back in love.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

=(^.^)= Elsie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

What adorable little cats and such sad stories.

They deserve wonderful, loving homes.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Premier Cat

Sending prayers that Neenya and Billy Bob find the best homes ever. What sweet looking kitties. My heart goes out to them. 4 pounds! That lawyer ought to have animal crewlty charges brought against him!!!

Not to go off subject but wanted to tell you a story. I think I remember the facts pretty closely. Friends of mine adopted a cat from a local woman who had a rescue in their town. Apparently the man who loved and owned his two kitties was going to be sent to prison. He had his lawyer place the two kitties at the local rescue. My friends adopted one of the cats. Its companion had already been adopted.

My friends took their new cat to an animal communicator that didnt know them or the history of the cat. The communicator watched and communicated with the cat and told my friends this. The cat told the communicator that it had a companion but it was adopted to another family. they use to live with a man that they loved. One day he never came home and they were sent to the rescue! That this cat was happy in its new home but missed the man who once loved them.

Amazing!

Im sure Billy Bob feels sad but Im sure you are restoring him with love and good food! Thank you for helping these two sweet kitties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts & Tess View Post
they use to live with a man that they loved. One day he never came home

That's what I see in those confused, sunken eyes of Billy Bob. I hurt the most for those animals who did have love and comfort; it's impossible for them to understand why it ended.

And I just can't stop worrying about his calico friend.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

=(^.^)= Elsie
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Premier Cat

How long has the calico been missing? That is so sad. If it hasnt been too long Id go put up posters with the description and leave them at each house in the neighborhood. Maybe someone would spot her so you could trap her? I know that sad desperate feeling when a cat goes missing.

Plus Im sure Billy Bob heart is healing with your care and good food and feeling safe and not abandoned.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Yep, that's my next step, along with knocking on doors to talk to some neighbors. It's an unusual neighborhood, tight-lipped and untrusting. And it sounds like most of them would chase off a cat if one was seen. The cat has been outside for almost two weeks. We have traps set, but nothing has happened. I'm just so sure she's not getting food or water anywhere. My heart breaks for her.

=(^.^)= Elsie
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Great news!!! The calico was trapped and is now here with her friend, Billy Bob. I've named her Daisy. She is super-sweet and loves to be petted. As I sit here, she stands and touches my hand with her paw. Then she gently uses her paw to guide my hand to her face, eagerly awaiting the petting. She's a big girl!

=(^.^)= Elsie
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 12:52 AM
Premier Cat

Yay!!!!!! What great news to hear after such heart-rending stories! *jumps around the room in excitement and joy*

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Premier Cat

What fabulous news! What a sweet sweet girl. And what a looker! Im sure she will be adopted soon!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

What wonderful news!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page