Looking for a good home in Michigan - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Looking for a good home in Michigan

Copy Pasted from another thread:

My darling Antigone is not thriving with me here. She's always been a shy cat, from when I rescued her until now but back in Spetember I took in two adult cats. Hermes, the male cat I took in will not stop attacking her. Hades and Lily join in as well. Tig is the bottom of the food chain and no matter what I do I cannot get them to leave her alone. She spends all of her time hiding. She is withdrawing from me and is becoming even more timid and she just is so miserable. So I'm looking for a fantastic no kill in the tri state area (Michigan, Ohio, Indiana) or someone to adopt her.

It kills me because she is -such- a good cat. Antigone is gorgeous. She's the sweetest cat and wants nothing more than to be someones lap cap 24/7 but she's not dominant at all.

She has claws still, and is a long haired cat. She sometimes is a little smelly, but only because her hair is long and she can't always get it clean. She has an allergy to fleas, so if even one bites her, her back does break out a little, but cleaning her and some Dexamethsone clears it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Cat

She is four years old and current on all shots, and spayed. I really want to adopt her out to a person, not a shelter, even if it is a no kill so I'm hoping there is someone on these forums from Michigan that wants a sweet cat in their life. She can be with other cats, as long as they are not aggressively dominant.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Tom Cat

she is so beautiful.
if only this were three months ago. sigh. unfortunately I now have a very dominant 10 year old female.

I am in the Metro Detroit area and will ask around at work.

I know you'd rather not shelter her, but the
Humane Society of Huron Valley (Ann Arbor, Michigan) is a no kill (providing the animal is adoptable health/temperament wise) They also have a foster program.

I hope you are able to find her a home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Jr. Cat

she is gorgeous! have you found a home for her? i live in michigan. my Noah is a long haired cat and loves any animal. i have 2 other cats and a large dog. do you know how Antigone would be with dogs? my cats still have claws (i could NOT declaw them after reading about the procedure). Ginger, my dog, lets the kitties run the house. she is very friendly as well, although she tries to take over on the kitty toys.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 01:19 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashes006 View Post
she is gorgeous! have you found a home for her? i live in michigan. my Noah is a long haired cat and loves any animal. i have 2 other cats and a large dog. do you know how Antigone would be with dogs? my cats still have claws (i could NOT declaw them after reading about the procedure). Ginger, my dog, lets the kitties run the house. she is very friendly as well, although she tries to take over on the kitty toys.
Lashes, if you are really interested in Antigone, try PMing the original poster. She might see the PM before she sees your post above. Good luck!

----------
Renée
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 01:36 AM
Jr. Cat

Thanks!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 03:01 AM
Tom Cat

That's sad story. Haven't you consider to adopt out Hermes instead?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page