Tiny Manx cross needs a new start in life - Prince George, BC - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Tiny Manx cross needs a new start in life - Prince George, BC

This is Le Mew, she's hard an extremely rough start and needs someone to give her the forever home and the chance for a good life that she deserves.

Le Mew is about two years old but is petite (approx. 8-9lb) in fact she is smaller than my 8 month old kitten. the reason she is so small is that she has already had countless litters of kittens from an early age. Nor has she ever been provided with proper nutrition or vet care. Her owners (my neighbors) recently moved to Vancouver leaving her behind with no one to care for her.

We have been feeding and snuggling her but we can only do so much as we live in a small place and have many animals of our own. I would LOVE to keep her.

She is a Manx cross type and is extremely affectionate, she craves cuddles! Though she is also playful and doesn't mind doing her own thing or just lying around relaxing either. She has a unique personality and appearance, with her 1/2 length tail and tiny ears.

She needs to be spayed and brought up-to- on vet care, though I do not have the funds for such an unexpected expense at this time. I would hate to take her to the SPCA but with winter coming around the corner, we may have to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Cat

Oh, she is beautiful! I hope someone up in your area can give her a good home.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Premier Cat

Have you tried to contact this Manx rescue organization? I don't know anything about them, but found this site on the internet. Manx are a fairly rare breed in Canada, and am sure someone would love to give this lovely girl a home.

— Canada Manx Rescue — ADOPTIONS —*RescueMe.Org

Just curious, is she blind or did she just blink when you the camera flashed? thanks for taking her in and looking after her. I can't understand how people can just move and leave a cat behind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Tom Cat

Hey, I know Prince George! (grew up in Quesnel)--she's really adorable! I'm sure you'll work something out.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Premier Cat

Is she blind? I have a soft spot in my heart for blind cats. Blind Cat Rescue would post her on their Facebook page. They have a multitude of supporters.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've been very busy with vet visit after vet visit. All of my rats are elderly and they're all having issues or passing away and we found a lump on our dogs' side which is either a Cyst or MCT so we're waiting on getting that removed/biopsied.

Anyways, thanks everyone! Mitts & Tess, no, she's not blind - she just seems to think it's hilarious to close her eyes as soon as I take a picture.

I am happy to announce that a nice lady named Hilary is coming to pick Le Mew up tomorrow. She has two other laid back cats and an older, mellow, cat-friendly American Bully. She seems perfect, already booked an appointment to spay her and is going to do a 12 day shut down so she cat get used to the place. Here's hoping it works out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page