My 2 cats are missing! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

My 2 cats are missing!

My 2 cats are missing as of January 27th. They got out friday evening sometime. They have been outside for 7 whole days. They are both house cats and need to be inside. They are both healthy. Not microchipped. They broke out of there collars. Here is the infor about them.

Blue belle is a short hair dark grey (almost blue in color)female cat. She is 1 years old. She has yellow eyes. Dark grey stripes on her tail and her hind legs. No white. shes a small girl who is healthy and spayed. Shes a timid girl when it comes to new people. She gets nervous around dogs.

Simba is a 2 year old orange short hair male. He has brown stripes all over his body,tail,and head. he has a white spot on his chest. his belly has white on it. he is a big boy with a small head. hes neutered. hes a little timid to new people. hes okay with my dogs...but i dont know how he would be with other dogs. simba has a little brown spot on his nose. tiny white hairs on the top of his head.

They are not used to being outside. So they must be scared somewhere. I am very sad that they got outside. I want them back safe & sound.
Its cold at night and i dont want them to get sick.

If you see them please bring them in and contact me asap.

please reply back to me on here or pm me.

Simba and blue are very special to me because i took care of them from the ver beginning as kittens.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blue belle.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	4083  

Click image for larger version

Name:	simba7.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	4084  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Cat Addict

I can only imagine the anguish this is causing you.
Hope this one has a happy ending - please keep us posted.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Premier Cat

Dont give up hope. Put out flyers on all telephone poles, walls etc in the area. Print up a flyer and go house to house in your neighborhood. We had an adopted cat get out and we found her after a month and a half. People were very responsive when we went house to house telling them to look out for the kitty. People who were joggers said theyd keep an eye out. We got several calls when people spotted her and we put out baited traps for her since she was so shy. Put your notice on face book too. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Cool Cat

Where in NY are you? You can post on Craigslist, Petfinder, Facebook etc. with pictures. Have all your facebook friends share your lost cat postings. You can post fliers at the local vets and shelters. Offer a reward if you can. Call the shelters daily to see if anyone has brought in cats that match their description. If you can, put the cats used litter box outside, it may attract them to come back. You can also try leaving some of their toys and blankies with their scent and yours too. Since cats usually sleep during the day, they are more likely to come out at night when less people around. You can go search the neighborhood calling their names in a normal tone of voice. Don't yell as this may scare them. I pray they come back soon!!!

Last edited by marie73; 02-02-2015 at 12:35 PM.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Tom Cat

My friend found his cat after 1.5 year, Don't give up. Look in shelters and online.
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Cat Addict

Don't lose heart! Keep searching. Blanket the internet with their info. Also make sure everyone in your neightborhood knows they are missing. Don't forget to leave flyers and check in with vet clinics, pet stores, groomers and shelters as lost pets often end up here. If there is an emergency clinic in your area, make sure they know you are looking for these two as well. We hear stories all the time of pets being reunited after weeks, months even years missing. Hang in there!

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Thank you everyone for your comments.

It is day 9 now and still no signs. I put flyers in all of the mailboxes on my street and in mailboxes that are around the corner. I even made a poster that i put on the street sign at the bottom of my street. So far we got 4 people that said they will keep an eye out.

Do you think i should make another flyer saying that they are STILL Missing.....

I have 3 traps set up. 2 are cat size and one is a bigger one. They all have food inside and a towel with brynie's scent on it(the mom cat) and i have cat nip on the towel as well. I covered the traps with a towel to keep them covered.

I think i am feeding the mice too because the bowls would be empty and the doors would be open. So how am i susposed to trap the cats with the food if the darn mice keep eatting the food.

I did post on craiglist and pet finder. I didnt post on facebook because my fb friends dont live in on my street or in my area. So it wouldnt make sense really.

I did email our local shelter and my mom called them too..they said nothing yet.

Im in orange county....blooming grove.

While im out in the woods looking...i say *simba......blue..... who wants a treat?....whose hungry.... * I am out first thing in the morning walking all over. then take an a break and then go outside at lunch time and look again... then come back inside and then go back out later at night...

I am so scared for my 2 kitties. I love them so much...i wish this had never happend!
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

One trick I heard that works is spreading some litter from their box around the house. That's a smell they'll detect and it might lead them home.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Cool Cat

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitties- don't give up hope!
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Cat

So sorry your kitties are missing! I really hope you find them soon.
One of my cats was missing for a few weeks, and then one night he came home in the middle of the night crying at our front door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page