3 cats need your help in Arkansas - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

3 cats need your help in Arkansas

I am having an extremely hard time dealing with the fact that I will have to move back to Pennsylvania within 1 - 4 months and cannot take my babies with me. What hurts even more is that I cannot find a home through any friends or family and I have been hitting nothing but brick walls with no-kill shelters that are full and speak nothing but how hard it is for an adult animal to be adopted.

I will be traveling from Gassville Arkansas to Glenolden Pennsylvania... so if anyone can take any or all of these cats during my journey... I would be more then happy to meet somewhere along the way as long as it wasnt too far off my path. You can use Google Maps to see my route.

My cats are all female... all fixed. They still have their claws as I do not believe in declawing. They are all healthy in the sense they don't have any diseases or ailments. One of my cats did come down with ear mites when I first moved here and they were all treated. Months later they still scratch and shake their heads, but I took them to the vet again who said there were no signs of what could be causing it. Said its probably their food or possibly just from the poor environment here which is excessively dusty.

Minnie who is the oldest at 6 yrs old is very timid and is scared of storms and loud noises. She is all black except for a white bikini area. She would do great in a home with no other pets or kids. She has always been strictly an indoor cat. Loves Temptations cat treats. Loves attention and at will even help you throw stuff away... as in... when this pic was taken back in 2009, she started running over to the trash can every time I would go near it and smack at the item being thrown away in an attempt to help. She can't do it here because my cans are outside, but Im sure if inticed she would continue it again.

Misty is 5 yrs old, always been an indoor cat and she is a touch overweight and would for sure be better off on a suitable diet which under my current circumstances am not in a position to get better food. She is a great spider hunter and loves attention. Also a lover of Temptations cat treats. Beings I have lived alone for 3 yrs... I honestly cannot say how well she would do around other pets. She use to be around a dog a few years ago and would bother him now and then and she does get along with the other 2 cats here... more so Mittens who is the youngest and will be posting her pic below.

And last but not least the youngest... Mittens at 3 yrs old who has also been strictly an indoor cat. She is extremely playful and loves attention to a fault lol. Her energy level is probably the same as when she was just a kitten. If she wants attention and you dont give it to her... she will do these cute little cries and sometimes its funny to watch her do the motions of crying but no noise comes out. She also loves Temptations.

Also as for all 3 loving Temptations... they will actually comes running (once they adjust to a new home of course) if you shake the bag and holler "snackies".

Im really desperate to find them new homes. Because if I cannot find them a new home or at the very least, find a no-kill shelter... I may be forced to have to put to sleep as I could not bring myself to put them into a normal shelter where I know the odds of them being euthanized anyway are probably about 90% with how bad the economy is and overcrowded most shelters are today.

So please... if you have it in your heart, help them find a home. Ask your friends or family. I can be reached here

Last edited by marie73; 06-11-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Forgot to add that all 3 of these pics are from around June of 2009. I do not have a camera for updated pics, but Minnie hasn't really changed at all... Misty has grown a little belly and Mittens looks a little more mature and grown a bit.
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Cool Cat

Can I ask why you can't take them with you?

I forwarded this to my dad in DeQueen. Three cats is a lot to take in, though, and he raises food rabbits and sheep as well. His wife might convince him, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Cat

oh no this is just so sad what beautiful lil ladies they are & they sound so sweet natured

my heart has literally been ripped out reading this & especially to think these beautiful innocent lil thing's may be put to sleep that is just so wrong I cannot imagine how you must be feeling

can I ask why you cannot take them with you???

it is also very sad that they will probably be split up after living together as sister's

so sad, I am in England other wise I would have taken them & found them a forever home

wishig you the best of luck in finding a loving home for these poor lil beauties xxx

"what greater gift......than the love of a cat?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I use to live in Ohio and was losing my home there and an online friend here in Arkansas promised me and my cats a home for as long as we needed... well... things changed and 6 months later he is moving and can't help. I will have to either live on the streets or move in with my mother who is 86 and wants nothing to do with any pets.

Also I need to ask... am I wrong in my decision that if my last option ends up them going into a regular kill shelter... to just have them put to sleep?
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Cat

this is very sad sorry for your situation x

I could not consider putting my babies to sleep or putting them in a kill shelter to me we DO NOT have the right to end the life of a living being it is cruel & just not an option for me

if it was me in your situation I would talk to my mum & take them with me as I am presuming your mum's is a temporary arrangement anyway until you fid your own home!!!!!

surely mum can be talked around if she knows the kitty's lives are otherwise at risk???

I have posted a link to this page on facebook x

"what greater gift......than the love of a cat?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Nan
Cool Cat

Please don't just have them put to sleep...If you have to take them to a regular shelter, they still have a chance at adoption. Of course, try first at any no-kill shelters. Your case is different than just "moving-have to get rid of the cats". I think a no-kill shelter would take them.

It's how I adopted my two. The case file on them just said that their previous onwer was not able to take care of them.

post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

My mom can not be talked too and my situation is really bad... I would not be in a position to move out of my moms for a very long time due to health problems. Brief story to put my mom into perspective...

I use to live in Delaware and both my wife and I lost our jobs from the same place of business at the same time. Shortly after she divorced me and then the house was being taken back by the bank and I approached my mom about moving in an she said yes, but no pets. I begged and she still said no pets... I dreaded the idea but suggested I find homes for 2 of the 3 and only bring 1 cat with me and she still said no way. Wouldnt even agree to the cat and I living in the garage for goodness sakes. She ended up instead... offering me some money to move... and thats how I ended up all the way out in Ohio and now here in Arkansas.

Now had I not been such a pet lover and attached to my babies... I could have easily tossed them into any old shelter and moved in with her. But instead took the harder route and moved far away just to keep them. I guess that kind of weighs even heavier on me now... cats and myself have been through so much stress the past 3 yrs and to come down to them going into a shelter really digs into my heart. So bad I might just have to commit myself for a short bit just to cope.

Arg...
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacq View Post
Can I ask why you can't take them with you?

I forwarded this to my dad in DeQueen. Three cats is a lot to take in, though, and he raises food rabbits and sheep as well. His wife might convince him, though.
Appreciate that... only thing is thats 5 hours South and West of me... and I would be going almost due East to get to Pennsylvania. Not that the trip woudlnt be worth it, but my with my limited funds and a car thats not exactly reliable... I couldnt risk it.

post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Cool Cat

If he decides to take them, he would come to you, or meet you half-way at the least. I just don't want to get your hopes up - he's not a cat person on the surface (though his wife is) but he is excellent with animals, has lots of means and outside/inside enclosures, and has raw balanced food already prepared because he sells it. It's just that three is a lot to take in as a favour for a wayward daughter. I just can't stand the thought these poor boos might get put down because your mom is putting her foot down.

It doesn't really explain what she has against the pets. It is her house, her rules, but it seems really heartless that she's okay with you killing them just for her. (And, to be honest, I feel like forcing you to make that kind of decision is going to really strain your relationship with her in the future - I still haven't forgiven my mom for giving my hamster away while I was at summer camp when I was 11).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page