It's a hard decision to make. I think as long as they are both speyed, it's okay to let them have time outside. I have family and friends who have indoor/outdoor cats that they don't take to the vet for annual vaccinations or anything but the cats are well cared for otherwise and they have a safe, warm home to sleep in when its cold. I think it's much better for them to have these homes than to be caged up in shelters for who knows how long.
It's great that you are thinking about the future and how you can care for the cats. If you think it's not likely you will be able to provide a safe home of veterinary care in case of emergency in the future, maybe you could advertise them as a private adoption now and hero them in your care until they are rehomed? It's hard to know how long this could take though because so many people do want friendly cute kittens, adult cats are often overlooked. I think you're doing the right thing by the cats for now though by not sending them to a shelter. I know welfare is not alot but would if maybe be possible to have a special savings account that you set aside a little money each week for unexpected vet bills, or possible vet visits for when the cats get older?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.