General question about fostering - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Premier Cat

Marcia every animal control is different. Depends on the person running it. Hopefully you are volunteering for a good one. Wow, a background check! Ive never heard of that. I wonder why they go to that extent before letting people volunteer or foster???? You are very brave to volunteer there. It would break my heart to see animals being pulled to be put down. I dont know how to handle that. It rips me up. You are a strong person. Best of luck on your endevor. Hopefully you can influence them for the good and help them make possitive changes and be an advocate for the kitties.

Do any of the rescues pull cats from your animal control? THat is always an avenue for the future if you see an elderly cat brought in, to work with a rescue to pull it for you if the animal control doesn't want people to foster the elderly cats.

Cat'sHouse, Ive never had a cat from outside or even fully feral not be willing to use a litter box. Not sure why your kitty is doing this. Have you thought of using Cat Attract litter in the kennel. How big is the kennel? Is she stressed out being held in there? is the kennel covered if it is a small one or if its a larger one do you have a box or igloo for it to hide in while becoming acclimated? I love your avatar. Makes me think of Christmas in Minneapolis.

Last edited by Mitts & Tess; 12-24-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Cool Cat

I had to pass a background check before I could foster for our shelter here, because they are county-run and deal with animal seizures (and therefore court cases) as well. Every volunteer is background checked by them prior to being able to volunteer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"In rescuing animals, I lost my mind but found my soul."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page