Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled kitties yearning to be loved! - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Tom Cat

Ugh, I totally understand here. I know it's hard to kind of let go and let things kind of happen - I would totally want to know who and where the kitty ended up with, and I would want to be the one doing the screening, etc.

She is gorgeous and I wish you the best of luck with her - It's been a few days since theres been a post regarding her - how is everything going for miss grumpy-sweet face? [:

I wanna just squish her - she's gorgeous. <3

Sometimes I feel like my rescue I foster for doesn't screen the people well enough, and it makes me mad, but it's probably because I'm uber crazy about things, and as you said above they are a rescue that has a lot of cats needing help and they just want to get them moving so that they can get others.

Danielle & the seven meowzers.
Eechy, Boogeyman, Sophie, Ramona, Luigi, Sampson & Henry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover Danielle View Post
Ugh, I totally understand here. I know it's hard to kind of let go and let things kind of happen - I would totally want to know who and where the kitty ended up with, and I would want to be the one doing the screening, etc.

She is gorgeous and I wish you the best of luck with her - It's been a few days since there's been a post regarding her - how is everything going for miss grumpy-sweet face? [:

I wanna just squish her - she's gorgeous. <3

Sometimes I feel like my rescue I foster for doesn't screen the people well enough, and it makes me mad, but it's probably because I'm uber crazy about things, and as you said above they are a rescue that has a lot of cats needing help and they just want to get them moving so that they can get others.
Sorry for the late response, Danielle; I only just saw your post.

Lol, "miss grumpy-sweet face" is now called 'Luna'. She was named by one of the centre volunteers, and I'm fine with it. Once a volunteer names a cat and writes it on the cage clipboard, it's impossible to change it anyway because everyone has already started referring to the cat by that name.

No one's claimed Ms. Luna yet, so I guess it's up to me to find her a home. I just emailed a potential foster mom today to see if she would be willing to take Luna in while I try to find her a permanent home. I've already talked to her about it, and she said she would be happy to take her, so I'm hoping that's still the case.

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Just a bit of an update: Luna's doing well in her foster home. I visited her last week, and, though not super interested in interacting, Luna did come out and spend some time milling around and sitting near us (me and her foster mom) under the dining room table while I was there.

Luna's quite a low maintenance cat: she can amuse herself and isn't needy. She's a bit shy, but not to the point where she always hides when her foster mom has visitors or anything. Luna doesn't mind being an only cat either, although I think another cat with the right sort of energy and personality could be helpful in drawing her out a bit. She's not super affectionate, but she definitely appreciates being petted, and, unlike most cats, really likes having her tummy rubbed when she flops on her back. I think she would be more affectionate given enough time to bond with the right person. Her foster mom is great, but she's away at work all day, and she's only had Luna for a month or so now. Luna's also a really quiet cat; I've heard her meow on a couple of occasions, but her foster mom says she's never heard a peep from her. She does apparently like to race around and play with her toys in the middle of the night though.

Here are a couple more photos I took of Miss Luna before she went to her foster home.

Luna looks so much like my Cosette in this photo!

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Premier Cat

That is great news! I have a tabby that has a tipped ear too! He worked his way into my sisters home. He is living with us while my sister looks for new digs in Minneapolis. My SO says there is going to be a custody battle! He is big love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page