i'll check it out thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet99 View Post
i'll check it out thanks
You're welcome! We use it for everything, doctors, dentists, vet, ect.....
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Senior Cat

Sorry, I meant a reaction to the medication used for the worms!

And yeah, testing for allergies is hard when you go by trying different foods, their are so many things that could be causing the allergies, not to mention she could be allergic to more than one type of food which just makes it more complicated!
Just some common food allergies in cats that you could try cutting out:
-Chicken
-Beef
-Grains
-Fish

But remember, it takes a couple days for things to get better when there's an upset in the digestive system, so hopefully your vet can help you a little more with that.

Also, when you were calling shelters did they think you were trying to give your cat up? Sometimes that's what shelters assume, and while they shouldn't just ignore you, they just don't have the resources or time to deal with another cat coming to them. If you explain that you don't want to give your cat up, you're just looking for a more affordable spay and vaccinations, and if you explain the tight bind your in they might be more reasonable. If they still ignore you then that's another issue entirely
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakiepoo View Post
Sorry, I meant a reaction to the medication used for the worms!
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. Yeah for allergies I was told to pay attention to grains, corn, and soy, so I got a food that had none of those. At first it seemed to have worked, but then we were just back to square one again. I'll take her to my current vet for the puking thing, but I definitely want to look elsewhere or into payment plans to fix her. We have two adoption agencies that run out of our store as well, so they're all there for me to ask.

Last edited by marie73; 11-13-2013 at 04:44 AM.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 04:42 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet99 View Post
I don't have a car
oo I see, yeah not having a car is very frustrating Best of luck to you and I hope you get to keep your kitty!

Last edited by marie73; 11-13-2013 at 04:45 AM.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 08:42 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ozma View Post
Would a temporary second part time job be an option? To me, it sounds much better than giving up an animal. Sure you'll be stressed, busy, and not have much time to yourself but wouldn't it be worth it in the long run?
I agree - something, anything. Babysitting, raking leaves, running errands, selling something, ANYTHING at all. I've even been seeing some help wanted signs at fast food restaurants again. No job is too small right now and it you tell yourself it's just temporary and you are doing it for her it will be easier to swallow, meanwhile see if you can set up a payment plan at the vets.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auroraei View Post
We use Care Credit for our vet bills, it's like a credit card that has a certain useable balance on it, and they give you like 12 or something months to pay it off. I don't think the interest is high. It's been a great thing for us.
I second this, as a matter of fact I just applied 2 minutes ago and got accepted. My animals all seem to have needed the vet in the past month and a half after like years and years of never going! So we needed to have dental done on my male cat and we just don't have the money right now. So this is a great way to get their work done and pay it off slowly. No worrying. And you can keep your cat!!
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Cat Addict

What about your local human society or aspca?? They usually do mobil vet and give big discounts on shots and spay neuter...I'm sure if you explained your situation and asked for help...they would. Even if its not that close, maybe a friend could take you. With so many people dumping pets and not doing the right thing by not "fixing' them....it would save them money and time in the long run.

Your not asking for a handout...just a lil help...Its ok to ask for help sometimes
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Senior Cat

Hi Violet - do you think your parents would be willing to help you out with your vet bills if you asked them?

As for CareCredit, I was reading through some of the details. It looks like it works similar to a standard credit card, but one which has a much longer grace period for you to pay back the bill before interest starts getting charged. But, as with any credit card, make sure you know exactly how it works, and that you're able to handle the monthly payments. And of course, your vet would have to accept it as a form of payment as well.

Best of luck with your situation

Caretaker of two black cats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page