Kitten needs a forever home in Houston area - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Kitten needs a forever home in Houston area

I went out today to walk my parent's dog and heard my car meowing at me. Upon closer inspection, I found a bundle of cuteness hiding in the underside of my car.

I spent all afternoon going from shelter to shelter, with no luck (Apparently, what city I found the cat in matters). The city shelter that would be able to take her can only guarantee her life for 3 days. I couldn't bear to leave her there. I didn't save her from my car just to suffer such a fate.

She's a good kitten and needs a good home. She looks about 2-3 months old. We gave her a bath for the fleas and she was very well behaved the whole time. I already have 2 cats and can't manage a third at this time. I'd prefer to find her a home instead of leaving her at the shelter, but would have to take her to the SPCA if no one adopts her from me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Senior Cat

Oo she is precious... I hope she finds a home

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Cat Addict

What a gorgeous little sweetie. I hope you are able to find a rescue group to get her into. I had two cats, and was NOT even considering a third, NO WAY, was my answer. Then STephano came out of the woods mewing his little head off. I took him in while I looked for a home for him. He worked his way into my heart, and my family's, and we just decided that it was what it was. He has been with us 1 year this month.

I hope you find her a good home, she is just beautiful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Cat Addict

Adorable. Put up posters around your area and post on petfinder and craigslist.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Cat Addict

Here's a Houston area no-kill org that lists other resources in one document. May be worth a few calls...

http://www.adoptfriends4life.org/pdf...ource-List.pdf

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thank you for the list. I'll take a look into it!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Cat

Oh, poor angel, reminds me of my baby Michonne when we first found her. ;__; Update us if you find anyone/what you do with her, yes? My heart is breaking for her. God bless you for picking her up and trying to help her.

Would the SPCA be able to guarantee adoption for her if you took her? How long do you think you would be able to look after her until someone adopts her from you? Oops, sorry for the questions, but I think this baby has captured my heart! I wish I lived in Houston and didn't live in a house where the rest of the family is dead-set against any more cats.

☆ ☆ ☆
"time spent with cats is never wasted."
[
edgar | michonne | novalee | oliver | kosmo | pumpkin ] <--- my cats
[ grumpy | big poppa | lily | cj | peanut ] <--- my ferals
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Jr. Cat

No, unfortunately they can't guarantee she won't be euthed. Three days is minimum hold time, then the final decision is made based on health and capacity numbers. They do have an adoption event going at the Galleria mall. I haven't kept up with cat numbers, but I know the dogs have been going quick. Also, this sounds awful, but since this little one is more uniquely colored, she would likely go fast. The black kittens and plain grey stripes are the main ones that are overlooked, even at this age. Good luck OP, I am in the Houston area, let me know if I can do anything to help!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Last edited by marie73; 12-12-2013 at 01:27 AM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I checked the SPCA and CAPS website, both of them seem to euthanize only in special cases (severely injured or ill). At least that's what their website indicated. And it also depends on how crowded they are at the time. I don't doubt that she'd get adopted quickly, I just wanted to give her more than 3 days. I almost started crying right then and there when the city animal shelter told me she'd only have 3 days.

So far she seems healthy, eating and sleeping lots. I haven't seen her use her litter yet though, but I also haven't dug into the litter. We gave her the flea bath and she didn't struggle at all. We set her up in one of our furry cat beds, and she keeps looking for her mom for milk and ends up suckling the bed. She's really quiet compared to the first stray we took in; she hasn't really been calling for her mommy. Also not fussy when we hold her and pick her up.

I'm currently hoping a good friend would be able to convince her husband that they need a cat =P Then I can visit often!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

We've decided to name her Cookie! She has an admissions appointment scheduled with the SPCA on Dec 19.

We didn't plan on letting her interact with any of our cats, but Tony, our man cat, was very curious about Cookie. I know we weren't supposed to introduce them for a week or so, but we gave it a shot.After about 5 minutes, Cookie started to try and headbutt Tony and he just watches her (not stalk or hunt). Tony is COMPLETELY non-hostile toward her, just very inquisitive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00004.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	38482  

Name:	CAM00010.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	38490  

Name:	CAM00216.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	38498  

Name:	CAM00219.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	38506  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page