1-2 year old female, Chehalis, Washington - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

1-2 year old female, Chehalis, Washington

This was posted on a horse rescue board where I am also a member. Chehalis is about 30 minutes south of Olympia and about and hour and a half south of Seattle, WA or an hour and a half north of Portland, OR.

They want to turn the poor cat into a lab rat. She's already been abandoned by her owners. I don't want to see her be let down by people a second time.

__________________________________________________ _________

Hello!
My name is Vandal. I am a buff tabby and white fixed female cat with medium length hair. I currently reside at the Chehalis/Centralia Veterinary Hospital in Chehalis.
My previous humans did not want/could not afford my surgery after my hind leg was broken. The kind vet at the clinic fixed my leg anyway and has let me stay until I find a new home.
I am very sweet and have not complained one bit about having to stay in a cage while my leg has healed. I don't put much weight on it yet, but I might later on. I need to be indoors. I might like other cats and gentle children to live with too. I wouldn't be too much trouble at all. I am good at using my litter box. And I am not choosie about what food I eat. I am quiet and like attention but am not very demanding about it. I am young, about one or two years old and still like to play with people or on my own.

I over heard that someone may be taking me home, but it didn't sound very good. I might go to a vet school to live. There, I heard, they will be teaching students to draw blood and use catheters along with other things. I don't know what all that is, but I don't think it sounds very nice. I don't know when or if that will really happen.

Don't you or someone you know have a couch that needs a pretty kitty on it? Someone even who might be alone and like a friend to come home to?? I could do that job! I could even try and keep mice away while your at work or asleep!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you would like to know more about Vandal, please call the Chehalis/Centralia Veterinary Hospital. They are located at:
1214 NW State Ave.
Chehalis, WA 98523
(360)748-6622

This was posted by a lady who has seen the cat, and took the following photos:

She is in the clinic where I work as a pet groomer. I go and visit with her when I have time. She is very sweet. And I would take her if I already didn't have so many cats.... I don't want her to go to be a guinea pig and live in another cage for who knows how long. I do imagine that should be good with other cats, dogs, and gentle children as long as they don't bowl her over until her leg gets stronger. It's already mended and had the pin taken out a week ago. It's just stiff and shaved for the surgery, but the hair will grow back in a few months.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"In rescuing animals, I lost my mind but found my soul."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Premier Cat

Oh Dear Lord...My Christmas Wish is for this pretty little Special Girl to find a Loving home...and soon...

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Cat

This is so, so awful. I know we don't know much of the situation on where she could potentially be going, but it doesn't sound fun. I feel like I should know this already since I'm an undergraduate hoping to be a vet, but like, is this something that commonly happens? I'm not sure if I could actually work on live animals like that, putting through intense discomfort and maybe even pain daily...

Please let this baby get adopted! This makes me so sad.

☆ ☆ ☆
"time spent with cats is never wasted."
[
edgar | michonne | novalee | oliver | kosmo | pumpkin ] <--- my cats
[ grumpy | big poppa | lily | cj | peanut ] <--- my ferals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I'm not sure how common it is. It makes sense that vets would need to learn/practice on something...I don't want their first catheter to be on one of my babies....but on the other hand, I don't like the idea of animals as test subjects, for pretty much anything.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Cat

I always figured I'd be an intern somewhere and work under another vet and be able to learn how to do that sort of thing from them before I'd be able to practice on my own, but I might be completely off. I'm in still in my first semester as a freshman, so. Still, this makes me so sad.

I wish there was a way where I could look for some updates on her; looking at her pictures and feeling like I can't do anything is so so hard. I mean, I guess I could call, but idk...

☆ ☆ ☆
[
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Premier Cat

Struckers, that's not a bad idea at all!
Maybe if enough of us called them about her...
They would keep her till a truly loving home was found for her!

We at the forum, have a huge network of people that really care about cats...

Wouldn't it be wonderful if she could find a home for Christmas??

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Cat

That really would be wonderful. I'm a bit anxious to talk on the phone, but I'd totally be willing to call and at least ask some questions about her. If other people were willing to do so as well, that'd be totally awesome! I'll try to call tomorrow and post what they say.

☆ ☆ ☆
[
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Premier Cat

Struckers, I understand!! It something that's out of the normal confort zone...

But than I think what about this little Cats Comfort zone...

I can definitely "Brave Up" enough to try and buy her some extra time...

You don't know...if you don't try...

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Someone on the horse board is considering taking her. There is some chatter. She's across the state though (about 6 hours of driving) so they're working on logistics. It sounds like she's "safe" until after xmas as the vet with the vet school home is out of town until then.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Premier Cat

Venusworld, that's good to know...but the way time can fly...Christmas will be here and gone and Vandal could end up in a not so good place...if she's not 'Rescued' soon...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page