Two Cats In Pennsylvania (Mom and Daughter) Need A Forever Home - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you SO much Jenny_bf for that link!! Wow, there are a lot of places that I could E-Mail in PA!! I would definitely give a donation if one of these places could do that! Wow, you all really do not have any places that help animals where you live. I wish I had a lot of money .... I would love to open a Shelter to help animals. I would do that over what I am doing in College if I had the funds to do so! Thank you for the advice on what to write. I just like to be up front with people ... because I don't want them to be shocked that Momma cat and Simara will not sleep on their laps. They each have their own things that they don't like. It's just going to take someone who is patient, that's what it boils down to ... but because of that, it makes it harder to find them homes, which is why I still have them. Yes, it is stressing me out, trust me!! Not just the Landlord situation, but the money situation. If I knew Momma cat and Simara would be in good homes, with people that would love them like I do ... I would feel wayyyyyy better!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Cat

You say you are in school? Post a request for financial help for your cats at school somewhere. I bet some people will help. Ask for a bag of litter and specific food. (My first thought was to find another place to live but, being in school makes it hard to do that.) Also, explain your financial problem to the vet; he might let you make payments for the vaccines or know another person who could help you pay for them. BTW lots of good cats aren't lap cats. Good luck.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 10:20 PM
Tom Cat

Our Abby was not a lap cat, Gizmo on the other hand is made of Velcro! However, all of a sudden Abby now come up to headbutt and snuggle with me and DH. She's now almost 8 so I don't know what changed, but there's always hope for a change.

Mom to Abby & Gizmo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you so much catmamma! Yes, I am in College ... this semester ended about a month ago ... so I don't go back until August. However, I know there are summer classes going on. I could still try to go in and post something somewhere. That is a good idea, thank you! I wish I could move, but I am on a year to year lease ... and I have 2 more years of school left. I do plan to move out of state once I am done school.

Thank you larsan! Yeah, my Siamese is like Velcro, so I can understand ya there, haha! Momma cat has definitely come a LONG way in a year ... I would have never thought she'd be sleeping in bed with me, or laying right beside me a year later, that's for sure. It's amazing how different each cats personality is!!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 01:56 AM
Cat Addict

Hi Tifferz,
Just wondering how you are getting on with finding places to help with finding the right home for you two kitties.
Yes, we are very animal shelter poor, in UAE especially for cats. Across 7 emirates that make up UAE, we have 3 shelters, one for dogs and 2 that will take cats but are just overrun with dogs. So, we have 2 big groups of all volunteers who are truly amazing and take in cats of all types. Many peopl here have made spare rooms and bathrooms in to cat only rooms as well as villas with outside compounds to house in the 9 cooler months. With a transient cmmunity of expats it makes it so much worse as people take on animals especially cats and then when they go home don't take them with them. They seem to think the cats won't be bothered. It breaks my heart.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hi Jenny! I have the page you sent me bookmarked. I have a friend who helped me with food for the cats for a few weeks, so I am VERY thankful for his help! I've been so busy the past week, I have not had time to write up an E-Mail, to send to some of the places that are on that website. I know that Momma cat and Simara would not like it if they went to like one of those Adoption things that they have sometimes in Pet Stores. They would both be hiding in the back of the crate. I decided to start taking Simara with me to the Pet Store ... so that she can see other people, besides me ... and she hides in the back of her crate, and looks scared to death. I am hoping that she becomes comfortable with it.

At other times ... I wonder if maybe I could find someone to Foster Momma and Simara ... someone who has dogs, or someone who has other people living in the house, like men or kids ... so that Momma and Simara could get used to other people. I just wonder if something like that would help?

That is so nice of people to help with cats and dogs where you live. Does it cost a lot of money there where you live to start shelters and such? I always say that I would love to visit Dubai some day! From pictures I have seen, it looks really awesome! Yeah, I do not understand how some people move ... and leave cats and dogs behind. If a cat or dog has been dependent on a human for food ... and then the people just leave ... then the cats and dogs have to fend for themselves, it's very, very mean and upsetting that people do that! You wonder what goes through the poor animals head when an owner just leaves them?!?! Heck, that is one of the reasons I cannot take Momma cat and Simara to a Shelter. That was my original plan a year ago .. if I could not find homes for them ... but I am an animal lover, and I got attached to them quickly. I cannot take them to a shelter ... not knowing what will happen to them. That is why I still have them, even though I know I shouldn't.

My Landlord has not contacted me yet about when he's coming to pressure wash then stain the deck .. so my fingers are crossed LOL. I had to laugh today ... because Simara LOVES laying long-ways along the sliding glass door at the deck .. she will lay there for an hour or so, several times through out the day ... and I am just like man ... if the landlord just happen to stop by .. and saw you laying there, I would have some explaining to do, haha.

I was also thinking today ... do you think Momma Cat still knows that Simara is her daughter? Or do you think after awhile ... they don't remember, like they think it's just another cat?

Last edited by tifferz; 06-25-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page