Kittens in WI need homes - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Kittens in WI need homes

I have three of the sweetest little kittens that are looking for their forever homes. How do you suggest going about finding them a good, reliable, responsible home? They were strays, but they are the sweetest kittens I've ever seen. I just want to make sure they go to the best homes possible. Any suggestions on how to make this possible are greatly appreciated! I refuse to post on Craigslist or on other classifieds. I'm located near the Milwaukee area.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 02:35 PM
Cat Addict

I see there are a couple good no-kill feline shelters in the Milwaukee area. I know our shelter will post private adoptions on our website even for kitties that aren't in our shelter, just to help reach more people. You could always ask them if they do that or have any other suggestions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat

That's a good idea. I know the no-kill shelters are full, but I didn't think about asking them about that. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

I adopted Cinderella and Cleo from Craigslist and also found a home for another cat there. You just have to use common sense and your gut feeling to weed out the nut jobs.

I also posted in my vet's office - see if they'll let you put up flyers. Those kittens are freaking adorable and should find good homes very quickly.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Cat

I've adopted animals from Craigslist, but I have an issue rehoming them through there. I've heard too many horror stories, and I'm just a paranoid person. It seems like it'd be easy to weed out the bad ones, but you never know if people are telling you the truth or not. I'm going to the vet tomorrow, and I'm going to bring some flyers with me and see if they'll put them up.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 03:21 AM
Cat Addict

Have you thought about RescueMe.Org I have no idea if this is any better than Craigslist ( I am not in USA) but maybe more real animal lovers go to here. You can also get lists from this of rescues in your area if thats any help to see if they can post for you too.
Lulu is a tabby and was a scrawny scrappy little kitten ( rescued from behind a water tank in a friends villa). However I just knew she was my cat. Now she is a stunning cat,( yes very biased of course) so I am a big fan of tabbys
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks for the suggestion, Jenny! I'll try that. I'm willing to try anything that might give them a good home.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 06:56 AM
Kitten

Smile Hello from GERMANTOWN Wisconsin

Hello Gabby Have u found homes for your kitties yet?
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Cat

I've found a home for the dark tabby, but the other two are still looking for their forever homes.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Oh, I see you're in Germantown! I'm only about 10 minutes from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page