indoor only - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

indoor only

Are Indoor ONLY cats harder to adopt out then indoor/outdoor cats?

Just wondering.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 10:16 PM
Senior Cat

If you're referring to cats that don't door-dash, I should think they would be (much) easier to adopt out. It would be one less issue for a pet owner to deal with.

Caretaker of two black cats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Premier Cat

I'm wondering the same thing, ThreeCatz. The little girl who showed up at my door has been front and back declawed, so I put on the flyer that she needed to be an indoor-only kitty. So far, nothing - but who knows why.

tezster, it might depend on the area (culture, climate). I feel like in this area, it's completely normal to let kitties go outside. I saw at least 5 or 6 different cats at my old place, a block over, all of them owned (except Mr. Casper, who I took with me when I moved).

Growing up in NJ, I never saw cats outdoors (except my own, on a leash). And when I lived in upstate NY, the only kitties I saw outside were feral, and there were very few of them. The weather's much milder here, so kitties can usually go outdoors even in January or February for a few days.

So I'm worried that the fact that I specified that Miss Kitty has to be indoor-only is going to turn some people off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I ask this question because I am fostering 3 kittens through a company and the info I put down for the kitties says Indoor only. So the owner of this foster company sent me an email saying she has someone interested in 2 of my kittens but the person wanted indoor/outdoor... so I said Sorry...no..these kittens are indoor only. So that person has to look for another cat.

2 years ago my own cats got outside because the wind blew the door open and they got out. It took me a few weeks to find them again. So because of this...my cats are indoor only. Even the kittens.

The feral cats are fine outside b/c they are used to it and know how to survive but not my indoor cats. they would loose weight and get sick.

So I am glad that we still have these kittens...but also on the flip side of things...I hope the company can find them an indoor only home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page