Hampton Roads, Virginia - Adult Female, semi-urgent - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Hampton Roads, Virginia - Adult Female, semi-urgent

A facebook friend of mine has an adult, unspayed, indoor-outdoor female orange tabby. she's been trying to rehome VIA facebook groups for a while now, because this girl is going outside of her litter box.

I don't know if(or think) she's had medical testing to rule out issues causing her to avoid the box.

This latest post now says she's being taken to the local pound if she's not claimed "Asap". They say she is sweet, does use the box some. They do not know her age but I don't think she's too old. They didn't provide pictures. If anyone is interested I can link you VIA PM to their facebook account so you can message them, or if you do not have facebook I will message and get her phone contact info for you. They're in newport news but will deliver around hampton roads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 09:16 AM
Premier Cat

Ok, it's weird that she hasn't tried to get her spayed, but that's what I'd do if I really wanted to get her adopted. Personality can change only for the better, not to mention litter box issues and more...there may be affordable spay and neuter program in her area if cost is an issue.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

There are extremely cheap spay/neuter programs here. I don't think they're willing to try anything, they just want her gone. :/ I would take her, but I'm at my limit of foster animals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Premier Cat

If she surrenders to Virginia Beach tell her not to tell the intake clerks that she has litter box issues!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 12:13 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
If she surrenders to Virginia Beach tell her not to tell the intake clerks that she has litter box issues!
Agreed! If the shelter chooses to disclose that she has litter box issues to potential adopters, it's a death sentence! Sometimes a cat will have no issues at all in a new home, and the fact that she isn't spayed could certainly have something to do with it! The fact that she's not spayed and is an indoor/outdoor cat makes me seriously doubt that this cat's been to the vet to rule out any medical reason for the litter box problems--I wouldn't be surprised if the cat hadn't ever been to the vet, quite frankly... other than maybe an initial visit before the novelty of cat ownership wore off. (Can you tell that I don't think very highly of your Facebook friend?)

We all know people like this, I guess--people who really shouldn't have pets. I'm sure she has redeeming qualities, but I don't know her, so, as it stands, I just kind of want to tear a strip off of her--which would probably still be the case if I did know her, actually. I might be slightly fairer in my character assessment of her when I reached that portion of my angry rant though.

I guess I just don't understand why you would get a cat in the first place if you're completely unwilling to take any responsibility for it and would rather surrender it to a shelter, knowing the potential outcome of doing so, than take the appropriate steps to solve the problem. You must find this situation so frustrating, Poisoned.

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 02:05 PM
Premier Cat

We have found at our shelter that it's almost always a UTI or there were kids or dogs that didn't give it peace near the litter box. We give them a few days and if they reliably use the box in intake and transition then they are transferred to the adoption floor after a couple weeks IF WE HAVE ROOM.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

She's not a RL friend, just someone I have dealt with before pertaining to animals. No worries about offending me.

I think it's extremely unfair to this poor cat. She will be going to the Peninsula SPCA in Newport News I assume.. And while they do try to get animals adopted, they do for sure euthanize due to space/behavior/health issues. I didn't get an answer about her having any vet checks, but I advised that she not tell them she has potty issues, since it could just be something simple that'll clear up in a good home with or with a spay. Or, y'know, she has a UTI or something even.

They just responded, a family member agreed to keep her in a garage until she can get fixed. Still needs a place and I'm sure this doesn't mean she's safe from the pound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page