Cats in need of homes in Southwest Virginia - Updated - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 08:51 AM

Cats in need of homes in Southwest Virginia - Updated

As much as I hate to do this, I've got to find homes for 4 of my cats. They're two sets of littermates that I rescued about a year ago. All of them are male and have been neutered.

I'd prefer for each set to be adopted together since that's all they've known. I'd also prefer that the cats be kept indoor since they've always been indoor cats.

It goes without saying that I want them to go to good homes.

If any of you know of anyone that may be interested, either respond here or via PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
My heart goes out to you, Amanda. What kind of personalities do they have? Would they accept other cats or dogs in the home? Obviously they get along well together? I know they're altered, but are they males or females?

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Cool Cat

Re: Cats in need of homes in Southwest Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by murried2
All of them are male and have been neutered.
tired Jeanie??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
As much as I hate to do this, I've got to find homes for 4 of my cats.
I'm so sorry to hear that...I checked out the pictures, they are all beautiful boys. But I just cannot take on any more. The 8 jellicles and my sister's dog are right on the line of more than I can handle. I wish you the best of luck in finding them good homes
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Whisperer
Quote:
All of them are male and have been neutered.
tired Jeanie??
Good grief! How dumb. I've been upset over this, but that's no excuse. I think I'll take a nap. Really, I am tired.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 08:09 AM

They get along well with other cats and dogs. I don't know how they do with children, as I don't have any human kids. When my nieces come over they are okay after a few minutes...the kids can be scary at first.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 12:27 PM

I talked to a local rescue last night and she called me back this morning...just a few minutes ago. They're going to take them and foster them until they adopt them out. They take them to petsmart to do their adoptions.

I take them next Wednesday to the vet they use to get their shots up to date. I'll leave them there and someone from the rescue will pick them up.

This is killing me. I had no idea that it would happen this fast. This must be what it's like to lose a child.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Tom Cat

If they go to PetSmart, will you have any control over whether the pairs get adopted together?

You say that giving up these cats is as painful as losing a child. I understand completely, and my heart goes out to you. Given your own feelings, though, can you imagine what it will be like for your cats to lose you and then immediately get separated from each other? They'll be so lonely and disoriented.

I'm not writing this message to criticize you or make you any sadder than you already are. Please believe me; I'm not trying to be unkind. I'm just hoping that maybe there are some other options you haven't explored yet?

Lori F. is owned by:
Sadie, the four-legged dog
Martin, the three-legged cat
Paul, the two-legged husband
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 08:54 AM

Lori,

I've already thought about the fact that my cats will be lonely without me. I think about it every minute of every day. The fact is that I have already explored every option available to me and this is the only good option that I have.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to Daisy_Babe
Did you find homes ?

I wish I had saw this eariler?

Mechele Owned by Daisy Mae, Babe & Presley
Savannah (RIP) June 16th 2005 Patches (RIP) 1991

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page