Cat Forum banner

Pictures of FOHA Kitties (Part I)

712 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  noludoru 
#1 ·
These are all pictures of cats from a no-kill rescue that I volunteer at. They live in air conditioned/heated houses with their own screened-in porches. One cattery for the FIV kitties, one cattery for the non-FIV kitties. On the weekends volunteers come to love on them and give them plenty of attention.

First, we have Bison.. a gorgeous FIV positive kitty who is a real lovebug.

Slim

Hope

Isn't she beautiful?

And Angela, fondly known as "the Evil Demon Cat." When I started volunteering this winter, she started settling down, so I haven't had a chance to see the same cat who earned the nickname. Now she sometimes lets people pet her.

Willy Wonka.. definitely a Russian Blue. I wish I had a good picture of his coat for you guys.

He is also a polydactyl.

We also have Ollie, the newest arrival to the FIV cattery

Isn't he amazing? LOOK at that coat!

Last, but certainly not least, Fritz!

He's adorable and loves people, but he gets overstimulated easily, so the longest I ever pet him is for a minute. Basically, when his tail starts twitching, I back off.

It is SO tempting to rub that little belly!

...but alas, I like my hands too much. Typing with bloody stumps is probably hard.

So, that's the FIV cattery! Well, we have a lot more cats than that, but those are the only ones I have decent pictures of. The next installment will be the cats form the main cattery...

See less See more
#3 ·
October said:
They're all just beautiful. These kitties have free range in their house....they're not in cages? If so, that's an amazing place. I'm in a suburb of DC myself. Where is that shelter?
Yes - they have little 'cat houses' for all the cats, and the cats roam freely inside. New cats are introduced in large bird cages to get them used to the proximity of so many cats. The non-FIV kittens have their own sun-room so they aren't around so many adult cats, and one of the cats who doesn't do well with others (Molly) has her own hallway in the main cattery. The catteries are just for the cats, no one lives in them, and people come daily to administer medication and feed/clean litter boxes. ETA: There are also loads of ferals there.

This is a picture of the FIV cattery:

I will PM you the information... you should come by sometime! The kitties always need more volunteers to cuddle them.

#8 ·
Skittledoo said:
Nolu, I still can't get over how much Ollie looks like and is built like the Goob... wow!
If he wasn't picked up as a kitten in Pennsylvania, I would say you NEED to adopt Goober's brother. :lol:

Smirkitties, he IS! He's the biggest cuddlebug ever, and is so very graceful to watch. Every time I see him I feel so bad that he doesn't have a home - he is one very, very special kitty and could give someone a lot of love.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.