Cat Forum banner

fell in love with a kitten at the shelter today

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  reeeeka 
#1 ·
I will start by saying I have never been much of a kitten person, and have had the good fortune of having wonderful adult cats adopt me into their lives.

7 months ago I adopted a wonderful 4 year old male with one eye and 7 toes( looks like he has on a baseball mitt!). He is a wonderful little baby who loves affection.

I drop by the shelter about once a month to browse and see who is there and to kitty cuddle.
Well, much to my surprise, I fell in love with a little furry sweet 12 week old kitten and want to adopt her so badly. She is just precious.

My fiance said I should wait, since I already have one kitty and we should get through the transition of the wedding and then me moving into his house with a 5 year old golden retreiver.

but, this kitty is so precious. I feel like I will die without her :(

Fiance is a great guy, and would understand,but I do not want to blantently go against him since she will be part of me forever if I adopt her. But he did not technically say no... he just said it probably would not be a good idea.

I guess I am looking for advice. Any tactics on how I can convince fiance?

See less See more
#7 ·
I wouldn't start your marriage by making unilateral decisions that affect you both... I think you should tell him you just cannot get this kitten out of your head and you feel you need to get her. I can't see most people, especially people in love, telling their other half "no" when they hear this honest plea.

#8 ·
^^ agreed

Ahem.

Take him to see her.

Even if he doesn't fall in love with her, he'll see YOU with her. :D

#10 ·
Heidi n Q said:
I wouldn't start your marriage by making unilateral decisions that affect you both... I think you should tell him you just cannot get this kitten out of your head and you feel you need to get her. I can't see most people, especially people in love, telling their other half "no" when they hear this honest plea.
agreed...not a good way to start your life together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.