Might have a pregnant stray... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Might have a pregnant stray...

Seen a beautiful "new" kitty to this neighborhood (of dogs mostly)... she was sun bathing in my backyard yesterday. I was able to get fairly close to her (I think it's a female because she seems very small and dainty) and possibly pregnant. I put some food out for her and she ate it with much gusto...then had a long drink. Not 100% if she's a stray or not, but I'll keep a close watch to see if she's around alot. She's a beauty!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Premier Cat

Im glad you are feeding her and watching out for her.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Here is a pic of her... I'm not 100% certain she is a she. She seems dainty, and to my eye's, pregnant....but again, not certain at all. She's has a darling face. I gave her a handful of treats, and after that she came onto the patio for a drink.... I watched her from my bedroom window.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 10:58 PM
Premier Cat

She is very pretty! I love the picture with her on
the wheel barrow. Hopefully she isnt pregnant! Would
you consider TNR with her?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 11:21 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
She does have a lovely face. You didn't think you'd be down to two cats for long, did you Janice?

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
She does have a lovely face. You didn't think you'd be down to two cats for long, did you Janice?
Actually, I have my own four...but I would take her in a heartbeat and foster her until she was adopted (my hubby's capped our owning limit to four ).

This is exactly how I got started in fostering ferals... a beautiful tiny tortie appeared in my backyard one summer...I named her Miss Kitty. Took me 3 months to get near her...when I did, she was pregnant. We brought her inside because it was fall by then, and getting alot colder. She stayed in our basement rec-room and it was the first time I'd ever seen a cat give birth... I was just in awe....and then hooked!!! One of the babies was a runt and didn't make it...I stayed up all night trying to get the little one to feed....but it died in my hand at 4:00am in the morning...but the other three thrived and we were able to adopt everyone out...including Miss Kitty!!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Whoops! I knew you had more than two cats!

Miss Kitty really started something, didn't she?

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Cool Cat

What a beautiful kitty! Hopefully she's somebody's pet, and spayed. But if not, then I hope you can help her and any kittens she might have. And kudos to you for all your rescue efforts!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 10:00 PM

She looks pretty healthy, she might belong to someone near by and just wandered off. You might want to check with the neighbors to make sure.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Noodles
She looks pretty healthy, she might belong to someone near by and just wandered off. You might want to check with the neighbors to make sure.
Most definitely...she's been around a little, but not alot. She is definitely an outdoor cat, her paws/pads are very dirty. Yesterday, I also had a huge orange tom cat come through the yard just after she was here...hmmm... and she still looks like she's pregnant. We'll have to wait and see... I'm certainly NOT going to trap her until I know for certain she is a stray.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page