We have a stray cat...I think she is pregnant - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

We have a stray cat...I think she is pregnant

We just about 2 weeks ago had a cat show up on our farm. She is all white with green eyes. Lately she has been getting very large in the belly. I have noticed her nipples are very pink and the hair around them seems to be falling out. I breed dogs so I know alot of birthing dogs. Cats I have never done before. She is very sweet and loves attention. She rubs on me and the kids....she purrs and rolls on her back and you can rub her belly. I am allowing her to live in the garage and giving her fresh food and water. I am trying to decide how to take care of her and the kittens when they arrive. I plan to hopefully get her fixed when she has weaned them...and find the kittens homes. I was going to let her stay here and keep her updated on shots and wormings. I just can't have her in the house since I have an 9 year old female cat that hates other cats. Unless I could find a home for her I think this cat could stay a farm cat. Great help with the mouse population. Here is a few pics of her...tell me if you think she is pregnant.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Senior Cat

she is preggies thats for sure .. but she has a way to go yet .... probably 3/4 weeks still.

You are going to have to confine her with a box otherwise she could have her kits anywhere and that isnt safe

She is a pretty gilry

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I agree with Carol. She's pregnant, and unless she's going to have only one or two kittens, she has a few weeks to go. She is a lovely looking cat. It would be so nice if she could be someone's pet.

It's kind of you to care for her. I hope she can have her kittens in an enclosed area in a nice cozy box. Keep us informed, ok?

Here's a link that might be helpful. If you need more information, just ask!

http://maxshouse.com/kitten_care.htm

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 09:42 PM

Oh yeah... she's a momma. I concur with above statements... give her a nice "birthing box" in a good safe/dry area... keep her source of water/food nearby and hopefully she will birth there. Pregnant kitties are always so affectionate... she's a beauty!!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

well i have her in the garage now...with a nice blanket lots of food and water.....little litter box too. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow for a feline leukemia(sp?) test. If she is negative then she will be moving in. My other cat will just have to deal...lol My dog is another story and I am sure will learn real quick not to mess with a cat who still has claws. Wish me luck...if she won't use a litter box its back to the garage...but I have heat lamps that I can give her to keep the kittens warm when they get here!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I think that's wonderful! I had collies and all of my cats got along great with my dogs. I hope the test is negative!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

my dog is a one year old black lab....she is very sweet just a little hyper at times...lol i am sure she will do fine once the newness of the kitty wears off
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 12:30 PM

She sure is sweet and I hope she gives birth somewhere safe.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Cat Addict

Cute little kitty! You children are adorable!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Premier Cat

The pictures with your children are so sweet! What a beautiful cat! You will have to keep us updated! This will be fun to keep up with the progress. Have you named her? What do your kids think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page