After much discussion.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

After much discussion....

We've decided to take Nikki and Tasha's pictures off the adoption site. They are no where near being shown to any prospective adoptee's. We're actually going to keep them here with us... this can be their "forever" home. Whatever happened to them when they were younger, may have left a mark on them....or, they are just always going to be very "feral/shy" cats. Either way... doesn't matter to us, we love them both just the way they are. We actually saw signs that they missed us when we returned from our trip!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 11:07 AM
Premier Cat

That is how we wound up with Shadow.
Her kittens had all been adopted and when we took her to the adoption weekend, we were told she hid in/behind the litterbox ALL weekend. She isn't a shy kitty here at home, very loving and playful, but I guess the new experience at the adoption center was enough to make her want to hide. Sunday evening when I arrived to pick her up, she heard my voice and ran meowing to the front of the cage and put her paws out to me...
When I told Hubby about it, he said we couldn't put her through that kind of stress again and so we kept her.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Janice, that's wonderful! They're so beautiful, and you'll teach them to trust and love, I'm sure!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 11:29 PM

Love happens!

One of my former ferals. Simon, is still very timid and can only pet him on his terms. But He LOVES the slicker brush.

I think these guys choose their home from the gecko.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

They knew what they were doing - and they ended up with the best home possible.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page