HELP! IS MY STRAY CAT PREGNANT? OR DOES IT HAVE WORMS? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

HELP! IS MY STRAY CAT PREGNANT? OR DOES IT HAVE WORMS?

We have had a stray cat come and go from our backyard for about the past 1 1/2 months. She loved the kids, and would not go away. She looked so skinny, and I felt sorry for her, so I started to leave her food outside. She ate like she was famished!!

Problem is, we have a dog who HATES her! The cat drives him crazy! He goes nuts every time he sees her. She was popping up in windows and we couldn't open the door without worrying about her coming in. So I stopped feeding her. She kept coming around even after that. Then she just dissappeared. As quickly as she dissappeared, she reappeared today, looking QUITE DIFFERENT WITH A HUGE BELLY! I last saw her about a week to a week and a half ago and did not notice this bulging belly. I am worried that she is either very preggo or has a terrible case of worms. What should I do? Any advice is greatly appriciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 06:00 AM
Premier Cat

Re: HELP! IS MY STRAY CAT PREGNANT? OR DOES IT HAVE WORMS?

Bless you for feeding this cat. She certainly sounds like she needs some good food! I can certainly understand your problem. Perhaps you can consider trapping her and taking her to a no-kill shelter to be looked after? It might be worth giving your local one a phone call - I don't know - but perhaps they will even lend you a trap. She certainly sounds like she needs medical attention regardless of her circumstances. Either that, or you could trap her and take her to a vet yourself? I guess there is no possibility of you being able to keep the cat yourself because of the family dog.

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply! I did some research on no-kill shelters in my state, and I made a list. I am going to call around today. Problem is, I haven't seen the cat since last night. She just seems to appear out of thin air! I am tempted to sit out more food and drink for her, but I am not sure what to do. We are leaving for vacation soon! I am scared she is going to give birth(if she is indeed pregnant)while we are gone! I guess my first step is to call the shelters! I will keep you posted. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page